Author Topic: First Camembert: triple cream  (Read 16598 times)

bbracken677

Re: First Camembert: triple cream
« Reply #60 on: September 10, 2012, 10:36:52 PM »
Thanks for the kudos!

ah...I already cut one of the halves up. The wife liked it better than I did, I suspect...but also agreed that more time was needed. I think one night I will have some mac an' cheese and include some of the cam in the sauce (provided it melts, which I am pretty sure it will).  I usually make my own cheese sauce when I make mac an' cheese.

boothrf

« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2012, 11:15:35 PM »
Ahh....Mac'n'cheese,  a US favourite! I work in the food industry here in Aus and travelled to the US some years ago to study the Stouffer's frozen food factories. I could not believe how much Mac'n'cheese was being made, and even more surprised when I went to your supermarkets and saw how much was being sold! You guys really love it don't you. We make our own version over here, but it is nowhere near as popular as in the USA.

Perhaps you could start a new thread in the Recipes section for best home made Mac'n'cheese recipes  ;)

bbracken677

« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2012, 12:13:28 AM »
I might just do that...but will have to wait until I make it again. I generally dont cook things like that by recipe...I just go by taste and add whats needed lol.  Mac'n Cheese is such a basic recipe...I start off with a white sauce and then add cheese until all melty and gooey and then taste. I have been known to use like 3 or 4 different kinds of cheese.  One thing I have discovered is that made with an aged cheddar, preferably British, is just OMG lol

boothrf

« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2012, 12:21:42 AM »
Yes, aged cheddar would be very nice. I'm a bit partial to some good Gruyere as well, adds a beautiful rich creamy/nutty flavour with a bit of bite.

Either way, it's gotta be better than the the bright orange "cheese" I often saw used, ...very Kraft processed cheese like! ;)

Thoughtful Tom

« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2013, 10:11:12 PM »
Thanks for the blow-by-blow. How did it finally turn out?