Author Topic: Home Cheesemaking Supply Wholesalers  (Read 11658 times)

iuwolf

Home Cheesemaking Supply Wholesalers
« on: August 16, 2012, 04:40:25 AM »
Trying to help a local home-brew shop stock cheesemaking supplies.  Does anyone know who the wholesale suppliers are in the industry?

Sincere thanks!

linuxboy

Re: Home Cheesemaking Supply Wholesalers
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 05:12:14 AM »
which supplies?

NE Cheese has a wholesale program.

iuwolf

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 01:49:10 PM »
Thanks for the response, I think NE Cheesemaking is probably the direction they will go. Do you know if Glengarry has a wholesale program? 

They are really just looking to stock the basics: a handful of starter cultures, rennet, molds, and a handful of accessories.

marydairy

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 05:16:38 PM »
I think Hoegger Supply is better than New England Cheesemaking.  NE cheesemaking has put together too many propitary one use packets of culture and their cheesemaking kits are cartoony.  Hoegger Supply had several cheesemaking kits that are great and packaged with all you need without the cartoon type packaging.  And their cultures make several batches, none of those one time use packets.

MrsKK

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 10:01:08 AM »
I agree with Mary's assessment of NE Cheesemaking.  They might want to check with Steve at http://www.thecheesemaker.com  I'm not sure if he has a wholesale program, but it wouldn't hurt to talk to him.  He's a really nice, helpful guy.

iratherfly

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 03:35:55 AM »
I distribute these products and I work with retailers, web sites, culinary institutes and creameries. I get much of the stuff directly from the manufacturers and I also import some very unique products that no one else has.  I stock hundreds of products, moulds, cultures, instruments, packaging etc. etc. etc.  Contact me and we will set something up.

Pav, how come you didn't mention me?
Mary, sorry, I know you work with Hoegger. I would love to distribute to them, my selection is far larger than what they carry and I do wholesale and exclusively import many of my items.

linuxboy

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2012, 03:49:34 AM »
Didn't realize you had a wholesale program already.

iratherfly

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2012, 05:54:10 AM »
Oh yes! Didn't you get my email from about 2 weeks ago? (reply to your email to me...) I carry cultures from all 4 major manufacturers now and beginning to import more to the States. About 85 types of cheese moulds, cheese clothes, pots, instruments etc. Everything from spruce bark and thistle rennet to casein labels, hydrometers and rye mats... new things added all the time

Offline Tiarella

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 81
  • Default personal text
    • Farm Blog
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2012, 11:45:54 AM »
Iratherfly,  I swing back and forth between wishing you had your website up with at a listing of products and being glad that you don't since it helps me avoid temptation!   :D

Offline Boofer

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 344
  • Contemplating cheese
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2012, 01:52:49 PM »
Iratherfly,  I swing back and forth between wishing you had your website up with at a listing of products and being glad that you don't since it helps me avoid temptation!   :D
[The anxious crowd grows more restless...???

You probably carry straw too, huh?

-Boofer-
Let's ferment something!
Bread, beer, wine, cheese...it's all good.

marydairy

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2012, 05:53:28 AM »
I would like to contact you directly and see what you have available.  Just an FYI, I do use Hoegger a lot, but I am not an employee of theirs.  They have always been a good company to work with, honest and good stuff.  I have ordered from them for years.  They are in Georgia and I am in Michigan.  I have written a couple of cheesemaking books and I teach cheesemaking workshops.  I would be happy to recommend you to them if you have any kind of pricing list that I could compare and tell them about you.

iratherfly

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2012, 01:18:32 AM »
I swear it's coming you guys!

The thing is I have been so busy fulfilling orders, importing stuff, working on logistics and sourcing things. I have nearly 300 different product SKU's in stock now and more are coming every day. 

Mary - I would love to work with you on some of the stuff. I am working on content and there will also be lots of stuff from guest cheesemakers, microbiologists etc. Would also love to carry your books.   If you are ever in NYC maybe we can arrange a workshop? Would love to see if I can help you with supply kits for your students. I work with several culinary institutes in the US and abroad already.

marydairy

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2012, 03:42:01 AM »
I would be happy to try to arrange a workshop for your area.  I have had several requests for workshops all over the country and one of my desires is to find places accross the country to hold these workshops so that more people can attend.  I held them locally for the first time in my own hometown and the response was overwhelming.  Everyone loved them.  I have done them all over the country for years but now I am finding that there is a huge group of people out there who are anxious to learn to make their own cheese.  Even if they don't own dairy animals its something they want to do.