Braving photos of this problem cheese so I can learn from numerous temperature mistakes. To recap, this is Ricki's 'blue cheese' recipe made with goat milk mid June, now about 3 months old. Had trouble keeping temp below 60 before piercing (thus the odd shape), then almost froze just before piercing, then spent a 70 degree day by accident last week when the mini fridge went off. Heading out to pick up a wine fridge today!!
First is of the red mold -- the cheese surface developed a funky spot which I had carved out ... when it overheated this area was very wet. When I decided to cut into it, I took a wedge around this hole and adjacent was this ugly red patch.
The send pic is the light green veining on one side, more normal blue on the other.
Finally the half I hoped to salvage, showing the marbling.
Thanks for anything folks can offer.