Author Topic: Mold, Interior Of Aged Cheese - Safe To Eat?  (Read 407 times)

Offline bramwell

  • New Cheese
  • *
  • Location: New Zealand
  • Posts: 3
  • Cheeses: 0
  • Default personal text
Mold, Interior Of Aged Cheese - Safe To Eat?
« on: September 13, 2012, 01:52:51 AM »
Hi there
Still fairly new to cheese making  :-)
I have cut caerphilly rounds and left so long that now they have grown mould through the interior.  In future I'll make smaller rounds and perhaps wax them to keep them fresh, but for now - is the interior mould safe to eat?
Thanks


Guests, join the CheeseForum.org community to remove this ad.


Offline hoeklijn

  • Old Cheese
  • *****
  • Location: The Netherlands
  • Posts: 708
  • Cheeses: 43
  • Say cheese!!
Re: Mold, Interior Of Aged Cheese - Safe To Eat?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 05:01:38 AM »
Some people here on the forum have (an almost) scientific knowledge about molds, but there are so many types that it will be hard to give any comment without pictures....
- Herman -