I've mixed 1/40 tsp of b.linens in a brine of 4g salt to 100 g water (about 3.8% brine) and given the cheese a wipe with a damp cloth of this mixture. I've decided that I'll try and build up a bit of a washed rind, but not too strong, just enough to get a bit of control over what grows on it, and then let it go wild. Partly because my first attempt to do this split, so I've got the humidity up in the box. Also, this make has a much firmer feel to it than the last one, so I think it will be less prone to slumping and stretching and tearing the rind (and it has more support underneath it). We'll see how it goes.
P.S. Washed it twice now, Sunday Sept 30th, and Tuesday Oct 2nd. Will wash every other day until some b.linens activity spotted and then smeared around the whole cheese. I don't want it too far along, as I do want other volunteers to show up as well.
P.P.S. Another wash on Thursday, Oct 4th. There appears to be some evidence of b.linens showing up. The surface seems to be taking on a discolouration, so we should see something soon.