Author Topic: Ripening box on Amazon  (Read 3276 times)

Thewitt

Ripening box on Amazon
« on: May 05, 2018, 06:18:05 PM »
I just wanted to share this find from Amazon. I've bought a dozen of these boxes now and really love them. You can life the cheese out of the box by the handles if you want to "go easy" on the sides of the cheese. I cut down a sushi mat for the bottom so I don't get big marks on the cheese while it's still soft.

My 6" wheels fit perfectly.

Offline GortKlaatu

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 81
  • Goat milk?
Re: Ripening box on Amazon
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2018, 11:42:28 PM »
Those are awesome. I found something similar to that here in Costa Rica, but it is smaller, so I can't get a large cheese in them so I've been hoping to find something like that.  Thanks for the heads up. Can you tell us what the exact name is, because I can't find anything like that on Amazon when I search.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 11:51:32 PM by GortKlaatu »
Somewhere, some long time ago, milk decided to reach toward immortality… and to call itself cheese.

Offline GortKlaatu

• Old Cheese
  • Goat milk?
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2018, 11:54:19 PM »
Oh wait, I finally found it....it called:
Snips Cheese Saver With Bottom Drain Grid, 12 cup, Yellow

Unfortunately it won't work for me, as all my cheeses are at least 7 inch diameter. :(

« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 12:00:31 AM by GortKlaatu »
Somewhere, some long time ago, milk decided to reach toward immortality… and to call itself cheese.

Offline GortKlaatu

• Old Cheese
  • Goat milk?
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2018, 12:01:58 AM »
Thanks Mike
I just found it...but since it is only 6.69 inches wide, it won't work for me--all my cheeses are at least 7 inches in diameter.  >:(

panamamike

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2018, 12:08:04 AM »
I need to get back to DoIt Center in David. they have clear boxes there very similar to the one he bought that is 10x16x8" on sale for $10.