Another Stilton type using Pav's recipe. I cooked it last weekend, with my best recipe time and temperature compliance to date. Floc right at 15 minutes, temperatures were 85-86 the whole time post culture until drain. I used just 2.75 gallons of cream line milk and about 20 ounces of cream - all I could fit in my 12 quart pot and have room to stir. I forgot to turn the heat on in the house and the temperature got a bit cool during the overnight draining and initial molding. I figure that is why I didn't get the best knit. It is a little looser than last time, but I still got a nice creamy paste, so here's hoping. At least I know I will get nice blue inside with all the mechanical spaces. It's made in a large Tomme mold I bout from Yoav, and came out 7.25" diameter and 3" high. Weight going into the mold was 4 pounds, now at 3 pounds 9 ounces. My much smaller cheeses were great in 45 days, but I think I will need to give this one a bit longer.
Day 6, just showing a bit of blue - 66-72 in the house, not like the summer make where I was struggling to keep it under 75 degrees.