Author Topic: List: Thailand sourced cheesemaking supplies  (Read 862 times)

Offline jackbox

• Young Cheese
  • Cheeses: 0
  • Default personal text
List: Thailand sourced cheesemaking supplies
« on: June 23, 2012, 11:22:19 PM »
Has anyone found a local source for cheese cultures, rennet, etc. in Thailand? I live in Bangkok and have ordered rennet and cheese cultures from overseas. Got my rennet in three days from the UK; still waiting on the cheese cultures from the U.S. I have not ordered calcium chloroide yet. Is that necessary for store bought pasteurized milk available here? Is there a local source for food grade calcium chloride or do I need to order that from an overseas supplier also. If people could reply to this post with any locally sourced cheesemaking supplies that would be of great benefit to the cheesemaking community (albeit small) in Thailand.

Guests, join the CheeseForum.org community to remove this ad.

Offline mbox

• Life is good - Cheese makes it better!
  • Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 5
    • >>>Heaven On Cheese<<<
Re: List: Thailand sourced cheesemaking supplies
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 09:13:16 AM »
Has anyone found a local source for cheese cultures, rennet, etc. in Thailand? I live in Bangkok and have ordered rennet and cheese cultures from overseas. Got my rennet in three days from the UK; still waiting on the cheese cultures from the U.S. I have not ordered calcium chloroide yet. Is that necessary for store bought pasteurized milk available here? Is there a local source for food grade calcium chloride or do I need to order that from an overseas supplier also. If people could reply to this post with any locally sourced cheesemaking supplies that would be of great benefit to the cheesemaking community (albeit small) in Thailand.

i order all my rennet, CaCl, starters , cultures from cheesemaking dot com ...never a problem ( and fair shipping prices)- not having much choices anyways as most other suppliers don't ship to other countries such as thailand ( or they have shipping fees which are on the steep side) 

Offline Mitch

• New Cheese
  • Cheeses: 0
  • Default personal text
Re: List: Thailand sourced cheesemaking supplies
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 12:57:40 PM »
There is a great Cheese and Yogurt supplier in Bangkok, they Produce all the cheese and yogurt locally in Bangkok and you can contact them for some leads about cheese supplies.

They are called HomeMade-Cheese Co.

www.homemade-cheese.com

Best Yogurt in Thailand too. O0 8)