Ph meter supplier in Canada?

Started by Red, October 21, 2012, 03:05:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a Canadian supplier for a ph meter?  Something lower end like the extech ph100....
I'm in Vancouver BC

Many thanks for all the great info on the forum

bbracken677

Not living in Canada I cannot recommend a Canadian supplier, but I can say that Amazon.com would give you a decent selection.

Red

Thanks,  I'd like to avoid dealing with things being shipped over the border.  Amazon.ca is usually fine for most things, but they only list some low end ph meters around $35, which I don't expect will be any good...

Red

I've found that I can get the extech ph100 from active123.com , a company with a few stores in Canada, their head office is actually close to my house...

I could also get the Oakton pH Testr30 from John Sherman ( johnsherman.com) which is near where I work! 

I guess I just wasn't looking hard enough before...

I'll make a separate post regarding these two choices...

Cruci

I have been doing alot of research on pH meters here in Vancouver where I live.
The best place to find them is hydroponic shops for gardening

xyztal

Have you looked into Glengarry Cheesemaking store?  They are in Ontario.... I think they sell pH meters as well as pH paper...

Red

I actually bought the extech ph100 from active123.com. Haven't had a chance to try it yet, maybe next week. I didn't look, but I'd suspect hydroponic shops would have ph meters that were designed for soil and not accurate to .01 ph as needed for cheese...