Well enough is enough. I took it out of the cool-box/cave this morning, had a slight ammonia smell, left it out to air awhile.
the smell turned to a earthy mushroom, very light, said to heck with it and cut it up, no real holes of any type which was disappointing
I was worried about the ammonia aroma getting into the cheese so of course we had to have a sample, my wife hates store bought Swiss
I have now 1/4 lb or more, less of the cheese she wouldn't stop eating it, so in that respect we had a success.
Nicely sharp, Swiss tasting cheese, I am sure we are going to enjoy this in a short time and I will be making another soon with a few tweaks I have been thinkin about