Author Topic: looking for camembert boxs  (Read 4853 times)

Tiffany

looking for camembert boxs
« on: November 10, 2012, 03:14:26 AM »
I am kicking out tons of raw jersey milk camembert cheeses for the holidays and am looking for the boxs to place them in.  I have located only one place, but at $2 each, its not affordable.  I have a very nice presentation when finished IF I can find them.  Any help is appreciated.
Tiffany

Offline Boofer

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 344
  • Contemplating cheese
Re: looking for camembert boxs
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 07:10:57 AM »
This is the only one that I am familiar with. Perhaps iratherfly has some.

-Boofer-
Let's ferment something!
Bread, beer, wine, cheese...it's all good.

hoeklijn

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 10:09:29 AM »
I know a German supplier. They sell the boxes and lids apart, a 95 euro per 352 boxes or lids. Complete that will be around 55 eurocent per complete box.
If you are interested, this is the link:
http://www.kaesereibedarf-leidinger.com/epages/62318676.sf/de_DE/?ViewAction=View&ObjectID=1999858&Page=2
If you need translations,let me know  :)

Tiffany

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 01:57:04 PM »
Know about the ones at cheesemaker.com.  I have no idea on the germansite.  If the boxs are the right size.  Need the 4-5" ones.  And how much is a euro to american dollars.  My daughter is german linguist will have her translate.  They may get wrapped in papers.  :-X 

Offline dbudge55

• Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 9
    • Cultures of Corruption
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 01:19:25 PM »
The € was trading at about $1.27 at Friday's close. But you may have to pay a currency transaction fee by your credit card company somewhere in the range of 2% - 5%. It probably makes sense if you need a lot of them to buy from the German supplier if you're going into production but you might see about bulk pricing from a domestic source since shipping has to be considered as well.
Laissez le rouleau grand fromage - Dave Budge

Tiffany

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, 01:28:19 PM »
I wanted to get 50-80 of them but not production numbers.  guess I will find another way.   :'(

hoeklijn

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2012, 02:09:08 PM »
Yes, it's much easier for me because I can transfer money from my bank to theirs without any costs (Sometimes I love the E.C.), so for me only shipping is added. If you want I can ask about smaller amounts and shipping costs...

Offline Boofer

• Old Cheese
  • Contemplating cheese
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 02:43:02 PM »
I wanted to get 50-80 of them but not production numbers.  guess I will find another way.   :'(
You might throw it up on the forum for a possible group buy. Perhaps other folks may be interested.

What's the price/quality difference between what The CheeseMaker sells versus the product on the Austrian/Swiss site?

And again, iratherfly may be an asset as well. PM him.

-Boofer-
Let's ferment something!

Tiffany

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2012, 02:48:53 PM »
I considered doing the group buy thing but didn't get to it yet.  Not sure where to put it.  I emailed I iratherfly and have not heard back yet.  Maybe I'm just being cheap, but $2 a box just seems high.  If anyone is interested in group buy please let me know. 

UPDATE: I received a message from iratherfly.  he does carry the camembert boxs, and imports from france.  he is currently on backorder but said the shipment is on a boat in the middle of the ocean.  His price was $10.99 for 12 boxs.  But they come in different sizes to so that was a basic price. 

this is a photo of my current packaging with the box.  whatcha think?  i have basicly the same design, without the box just in case.  But this is what Im doing with them. 
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 12:49:54 PM by Tiffany »

george

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2012, 10:55:30 AM »
Why does the label say the cam has been aged 3-5 months?  Shouldn't that be weeks?

Tiffany

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2012, 11:52:40 AM »
Yes and no. Because I use RAW milk to make all my cheese, I age it cooler so it takes longer.  As long as the rind stays intact its perfectly fine.  I have people that call them selves professional cheese eaters (LOL) eat mine and the say its better than the store stuff. I do eat it younger, but if I'm sharing with others I age it longer and cooler.   
I do wonder tho, why these don't shrink down the right amount.  Typically I fill a purchased camembert mold to the top, once they shrunk down all the way, but for the most part I cut a camembert in half, so I get 2 for one. Just wish they would shrink
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 12:18:15 PM by Tiffany »

Offline Tiarella

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 81
  • Default personal text
    • Farm Blog
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2012, 12:46:50 PM »

UPDATE: I received a message from iratherfly.  She does carry the camembert boxs, and imports from france.  She is currently on backorder but said the shipment is on a boat in the middle of the ocean.  Her price was $10.99 for 12 boxs.  But they come in different sizes to so that was a basic price. 

Iratherfly is male.......not a she.  I can hardly wait until his website is up....just ordered but forgot to check about packaging options.  I think your current packaging is lovely already....but boxes are cool too.

Tiffany

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2012, 12:48:32 PM »
Oops.... Will fix that. 
Thanks

Offline Boofer

• Old Cheese
  • Contemplating cheese
Re: looking for Camembert boxes
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2012, 02:20:21 PM »
I do wonder tho, why these don't shrink down the right amount.  Typically I fill a purchased camembert mold to the top, once they shrunk down all the way, but for the most part I cut a camembert in half, so I get 2 for one. Just wish they would shrink
How tall are your finished cams? Before you cut them in half....

Nice label.

I wonder what the end price will be for the boxes you're looking for. $10.99 for 12 boxes sounds pretty decent, if it holds.

-Boofer-
Let's ferment something!