Author Topic: cheese workshop in mid Michigan  (Read 3351 times)

Tiffany

cheese workshop in mid Michigan
« on: November 10, 2012, 03:44:32 AM »
Offering beginner and advanced beginner cheese workshops at our farm in Mid Michigan.
Visit our web site for class schedules: www.woodsprytefarmfinnsheep.webs.com

Also a small brag.  Our farm, WoodSpryte, was the spotlight feature for Octobers newsletter at the New England Cheese Supply co.  To check out the article: http://www.cheesemaking.com/store/pg/522-Cheese-News-2012-October.html

When you get to the bottom there is a link that will then take you to a more detailed blog.  We are very proud and excited for the nationwide recognition of our small yet productive farm.

Thanks everyone..

bbracken677

Re: cheese workshop in mid Michigan
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 02:23:22 PM »
Outstanding! Congrats and great job   :)

Offline H-K-J

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 145
  • Act as if it were impossible to fail.
    • Cookin with uh dash dogs hair
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 02:55:38 PM »
Good for you Tiffany!!! 8) Excellent ;D A cheese to you
Never hit a man with glasses, use a baseball bat!
http://cocker-spanial-hair-in-my-food.blogspot.com/

Tiffany

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 04:10:09 PM »
Thanks!!  it came as a huge surprise to me when I was contacted.  Timing on it was perfect, and it came out 5 days before our annual "Family Farm Dayz" here on the farm.  This year we brought in vendors, had a falconry demo, and baby oxen working.  I made Mozzarella out side for everyone to try.  Made curd 3 days ahead,  then streched it for them.  went thru 15# of curd!!!  Managed to sell 240# of raw honey.  We had a donation table, for every $2 donated to the farm, they received a 6oz tub of fresh Icecream.  100 tubs flew out of here!  I have been swamped with classes, which is a good thing.  I love seeing more people are becoming more interested in eating better food and are closing the gap on knowing where their food comes from.  Its exciting to see the changes in just the 3 years we have been doing the Herd Share program. 
well nuff said.  thanks again
Tif