1. This is NOT an easy cheese to make.
2. Plan on wasting an entire day on the make of this cheese.
3. It is an insanely "fun" cheese to make.
4. PH meters are not only cool they are a necessary tool in the cheesemaking process.
5. My horizontal cut curd knife worked perfectly so now I need to get my friend to get the vertical cut knife finished (thanks to Carter for the design and Wayne for the stainless trolling wire tip).
6. Star San rules as a sanitizer. My wife has decided that we might go without food, but we will NOT go without Star San (she usually does all of the sanitizing work for me and did not like all of the rinsing associated with bleach).
7. I still get a thrill when I flip the switch on Carter's cheese press. It is really just too cool.
8. A minimum of three months seems like a long time to wait to see if all of my lessons learned have helped me to make a better cheese.