Author Topic: Wonderful Information  (Read 18026 times)

bbracken677

Re: Wonderful Information
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2012, 07:51:57 PM »
According to one source I read, one of the reasons is that they would prefer people not find out what "real" milk tastes like. Not to mention, there are various health advantages to drinking safe raw milk that are not available once the product has been pasteurized.
Also...the industry (food) trend has been to move towards foods that have longer a shelf life (can you say ultra-pasteurized) and would prefer that something like raw milk not confuse the trend lol

Mighty Mouse

Re: Wonderful Information
« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2012, 12:26:13 AM »
Based on a private message I recieved (a follow up question to my last post), I thought I should probably clarify my post. Simply put, I did not intend to get back into this discussion but did appreciate Tobiasrer's comment:

the easies way to get a following is to be AGAINST something!

I think this is a very good point which transcends this discussion and really applies to multiple facets of society. I am not sure how hard and fast of a rule it is per se, but we do see this phenomena all over the place(although just because you are against something does not mean you are against it specifically to garner a following).
So... I decided that it was a good excuse to take a little playful poke at the Weston A. Price Foundation who, in my personal (and admittedly slightly biased) opinion, use this tactic to their advantage. My comments and links were not necessarily meant to be in response to a particular post/argument/contribution and were not mean to represent the point that Tobiasrer (or anyone else) was making. It was my personal knee-jerk reaction to the quote above.