Hello from State College PA

Started by mozsticks, November 16, 2012, 12:56:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mozsticks

Hello everyone!

I'm 24 years old, and recently graduated with a degree in civil engineering. Its taking a while to find a job in my field, so I thought taking up Cheesemaking as a hobby to pass the time would be fun and rewarding.

I have been taking in alot of information about the art and science of cheesemaking from books, and web videos/pages and have already learned alot, but havnt really had the opportunity to put that knowledge into practice yet. I have only made 2 batches (and one failed attempt at Mozzarella), and still dont have some of the essential equipement needed (Its pricey!). However I hope to practice and learn to make great cheese.

Off the subject of cheese, Im on a swim team, and like playing online video games. When I have time on the weekends I love goin out with friends, and other normal person stuff lol.

hope to become a part of this community

MOZ  ???

smolt1

Hi Moz

This is a great place to learn about cheese making!

When my daughter was a kid I tried to get her interested in looking at and identifying rocks. She could have cared less. Now 15 years after getting her MS in civil engineering she works for a large company that designs tunnels that go under existing buildings (and the buildings don't fall down).  Now she knows all about dirt and rocks!

mozsticks

That is awsome!!

My interest was originally in tunnels... but since graduation, my interest is in anything that will get my career started. lol.

If worse comes to worse, maybe I can get really good at this cheese making skill/art/science, and start my own buisiness!

I just cant wait to get totally into this. I think the one essential piece of equipement im missing is a PH monitor... I think that is what screwed up my mozzarella batch.

anyway, thanks for the reply!

Alpkäserei

Moz, I would say that's not a 'if worse comes to worse' situation you're describing there! ;)

mozsticks

haha. true. But i love engineering and would love to be able to do both.