Author Topic: Hello from Trinidad & Tobago  (Read 2253 times)

hlafort

Hello from Trinidad & Tobago
« on: November 26, 2012, 10:02:07 AM »
Greetings all. I am Hazel-Ann from the sunny Caribbean island of Trinidad. So happy to be here.

I'm about to embark on my cheesemaking journey and I already appreciate the wealth of info on these boards. Looking forward to sharing and learning from one another.  :)

bbracken677

Re: Hello from Trinidad & Tobago
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 01:53:42 PM »
Welcome to the Forum, Hazel-Ann! Lots of good stuff available here.

What cheeses will you be starting off with?

Tobiasrer

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 05:26:11 PM »
Welcome! this forum is a truly amazing source! Both for the threads that have been started if you can find what you need but also all the amazingly helpful people, dont hesitate to ask questions as most of us are learning right alongside you!

hlafort

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 08:33:16 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome guys  :). I have a Christmas game plan so I've chosen some cheeses that will be ready in time for the big day. I'm tackling a camembert and caerphilly this week.

iratherfly

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 02:46:09 PM »
Welcome to the forum!

What kind of milk do you get in Trinidad? Which recipes are you using?

hlafort

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 09:33:51 AM »
I mostly get fresh cow and goat milk, but it's not very easy to come by. The supermarkets usually have only UHT milk. As for the recipes I'm using, I have Mary Karlin's Artisan Cheese making at home, and I ordered 200 easy cheeses from Amazon - still waiting on delivery tho. I also search this forum and use the recipes I see here.

Offline Vina

• Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 4
  • Default personal text
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 10:56:39 AM »
Hi, I'm pretty new to this Forum, but this IS the great source and have to warn you.... its becoming addictive!
welcome!

bodul

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2012, 01:19:23 PM »
Hi, I'm pretty new to this Forum, but this IS the great source and have to warn you.... its becoming addictive!
welcome!

its becoming addictive :) ;) :D