Skuta

Started by bodul, December 03, 2012, 05:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bodul

Hi everyone.
For my first post I will try to explane on which way I am making skuta or pujina of goat milk... I took a gold medal on national competition of small breeders month ago... It is very soft and tasted.
Filtered whey, should be heated very slowly and  just before it comes to a boil. When it become broken in that moment should be removed of fire and leave it for couple minutes. With a slotted spoon, ladle out the skuta into the prepared colander or skuta forms...leave it for couple hours..and then .....   :) :)

In my production I use only NON PASTEURIZED milk and for now any type of cultures

bbracken677

Interesting quick cheese...what is the flavor like?

bodul

Quote from: bbracken677 on December 03, 2012, 05:43:19 PM
Interesting quick cheese...what is the flavor like?

This is croatian ricotta. Very soft...slightly, naturally sweet..smelt of goat milk depends about pastures. I am situated on island and my goats are non stop outside..so lets say smelt is neutral..mild. It is very easy to make it.....

Vina

Very nice! no matter what's the name, it looks like really great whey cheese, congrats!

bodul

Quote from: Vina on December 04, 2012, 12:35:19 PM
Very nice! no matter what's the name, it looks like really great whey cheese, congrats!

Thanks.... :)

Although I do not prefer fresh cheese this recepies is only one to make GOOD ricotta or whatever name it have  ;)