Author Topic: Cooked cheese  (Read 1632 times)

bodul

Cooked cheese
« on: December 04, 2012, 09:40:18 AM »
Here one simple recepies to make cooked cheese.

10 lit. of raw goat milk
easy stearing until it boils.
On 93 C add vinegar (alcohol or apple 9%) 100 ml. on 10 L of milk
Stear well for a couple of minutes.

After that leave curds about 10 min.

With a slotted spoon, ladle out the curd into the  forms...You should use cheese cloth, see photos below. Change clothes every 1/2 hour. It means that in first hour you have to change clothes 4x. Fifth you can changed later in the evening and leave it for next day. Cheese must be molded for 24 hours. Usually I put immediately 15 Kg of weight.
Tomorrow thake out the cheese and put it in brine.

Brine you can prepare on this way. 5 lit. of water mix with 1kg of salt and boil it..It sould be boiled 10 minutes. After that cool it and filter it through gauze. Put it cheese in brine for 24 hours, after that dry it and leave it for 2 days and you can eat it.
 But as I don't like fresh cheese I found another way. I left cheese for 2 months to mature it. You should turn it twice daily..every 12 hours. If some green mold come don't vary, just wipe it with brush or wet patch but it must be brine or better, salted water.
After 2 month you will get wonderful cheese. Hard to cut with knives but very tasteful, type grana padano or reggiano parmigiano. Temperature for maturation should be not more than 16C and humidity 75-85%. I also vent ahead and ...
I made a mix of olive oil, ash, red paprika (powder), pepper (powder) and dry rosemary,origano, thyme, sezam seeds (not roasted) and flower of hibiscus (powder)....
I covered the surface of cheese and left for another one month. It should be turned 2x weekly . Result is GOLD MEDAL on competition..... Cheers 

More results you can see on my FB profile

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.258486980905602.62929.257927690961531&type=3

or

https://www.facebook.com/OPGNinkovic

« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 09:48:02 AM by bodul »

Back 2 The Frotture

Re: Cooked cheese
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 08:23:48 AM »
looks interesting.  Do you add the oil mixture two months after aging or after the brine?

Offline Schnecken Slayer

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 22
  • Making cheese since October 2012
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 08:28:09 AM »
That is an amazing looking cheese. Well done.

The olive oil and paprika will be good to keep the moulds away.
-Bill
One day I will add something here...

Offline Tiarella

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 81
  • Default personal text
    • Farm Blog
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 11:58:38 AM »
That is an amazing looking cheese. Well done.

The olive oil and paprika will be good to keep the moulds away.

Hi Schnecken,  when I did a paprika and olive oil rub it didn't keep mold away but I could just rub or brush it to control it.  It was a really tasty cheese!  Do try it and share the story of it! 

Bodul,  The cheese looks wonderful and the coating on it looks like chocolate!  Does the coating dry?  Do you have mold grow on it while it is aging?  If not, how do you avoid that?