Author Topic: Photoshop  (Read 6438 times)

bodul

Photoshop
« on: December 04, 2012, 10:43:01 AM »
Anyone use this for making labels?... Any experience in branding cheese? what do you think about this) ;)

Offline Schnecken Slayer

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 22
  • Making cheese since October 2012
Re: Photoshop
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 10:46:00 AM »
They look pretty good.

Well done!
-Bill
One day I will add something here...

Offline Vina

• Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 4
  • Default personal text
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 10:51:38 AM »
Nice and neat labels! congrats!
How do you plan pack your cheese? parchments paper, or plastic wrap or boxes, any other ides?

Offline Tiarella

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 81
  • Default personal text
    • Farm Blog
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 12:39:24 PM »
Very NICE!!  I made some labels yesterday but I didn't really have what I needed so it was not as polished looking as your lovely labels.

bodul

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 12:45:13 PM »
Thanks both of you for compliments  :) :) This is let's say 95% idea..it is still missing something..I think for couple a day will be finished...

About pack..I still work on that.....
I open this threat that we can exchange experiences about problems in marketing, branding etc etc..so I hope that also others will participate .... 

bodul

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 12:46:38 PM »
Very NICE!!  I made some labels yesterday but I didn't really have what I needed so it was not as polished looking as your lovely labels.

Maybe you can put it here and we can give you some suggestions  ;)

Offline Tiarella

• Old Cheese
  • Default personal text
    • Farm Blog
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 01:15:05 PM »
Hi Bodul,  I am okay at labels because I have practiced for my other work of flower essences but I don't have a color printer at home and I only had some scraps of label material that were cut off my other business labels.....so I taped the scraps together to run it through my printer.  You can tell by now I was just fooling around.   ;)   I'm still waiting to make a logo and that is just in my thoughts now.  I am not selling the cheese but there are some people from New York City who are friends with my neighbor and he shared my cheeses with them.  They eat all the best cheese down in the big city and they thought my cheese was amazing so I wanted to send them more cheese through my neighbor and wanted just a simple label to tell what type of cheese it is.  I'll post a couple of my flower essence labels so you can see that I like lots of color for that type of label.  I'm still trying to figure out what "feeling" I want my farm cheese labels to have.  Do I want rustic?  Or elegant?  Or colorful?  And I still need a farm logo.  I have an artist friend and she can draw my goats and since the animal part of the farm is called "Sovereign Hill Farm" we thought of putting crowns  (like for a sovereign queen) or tiaras on the goats to make a logo.  This is just in the idea stage.  Okay, here are photos of my rush, playing cheese labels and my more colorful style that I use for my essences. 

bodul

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2012, 01:30:39 PM »
Hi Bodul,  I am okay at labels because I have practiced for my other work of flower essences but I don't have a color printer at home and I only had some scraps of label material that were cut off my other business labels.....so I taped the scraps together to run it through my printer.  You can tell by now I was just fooling around.   ;)   I'm still waiting to make a logo and that is just in my thoughts now.  I am not selling the cheese but there are some people from New York City who are friends with my neighbor and he shared my cheeses with them.  They eat all the best cheese down in the big city and they thought my cheese was amazing so I wanted to send them more cheese through my neighbor and wanted just a simple label to tell what type of cheese it is.  I'll post a couple of my flower essence labels so you can see that I like lots of color for that type of label.  I'm still trying to figure out what "feeling" I want my farm cheese labels to have.  Do I want rustic?  Or elegant?  Or colorful?  And I still need a farm logo.  I have an artist friend and she can draw my goats and since the animal part of the farm is called "Sovereign Hill Farm" we thought of putting crowns  (like for a sovereign queen) or tiaras on the goats to make a logo.  This is just in the idea stage.  Okay, here are photos of my rush, playing cheese labels and my more colorful style that I use for my essences.

Very simple ..very nice...Look, I am thinking on this way..You should respect yours surroundings..yours local landscape..try to find something "strikingly"...that is reason why I sad before it is still missing something. Now..tell me what type of paper you use for yours cheeses. I don't have a good printer so I decided to give professionals to do it..I mean to print my labels >:(. Part of my label be also a part of my logo and my business cart 

Offline Tiarella

• Old Cheese
  • Default personal text
    • Farm Blog
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2012, 01:35:41 PM »
The cheese paper is from Yoav.  His forum name is iratherfly    I am responding to your message with more details about that.  You will see info there.  Now I have to go to the barn to feed and milk the animals.   :)

bodul

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2012, 01:37:06 PM »
This is an island where I am living and doing my small business (goat and sheep farm) 

Offline Tiarella

• Old Cheese
  • Default personal text
    • Farm Blog
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2012, 04:22:49 PM »
WOW, that is beautiful.  We are just deep in the forest here with small streams, no ocean.  Your place looks beautiful and I hope you post more photos!!  What type of sheep?  What type of goats?  Do you use dogs?  Do the herds have fenced pastures or do they roam with dogs and/or a shepherd?

bodul

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2012, 05:52:40 PM »
WOW, that is beautiful.  We are just deep in the forest here with small streams, no ocean.  Your place looks beautiful and I hope you post more photos!!  What type of sheep?  What type of goats?  Do you use dogs?  Do the herds have fenced pastures or do they roam with dogs and/or a shepherd?

In this moment I have 43 goats included 2 ram and 45 ships included 3 ram. I have french alpina goat and our domestic sheeps. I have dog (only one) . Croatian Shepard dog. animals are free to go anywhere except in village  :) :) . I dont know what are they eating . Except a bad whether (rain and ice) they are always outside. I teach them that they come alone in barn in the evening ...  :-). i have fenced pastures (electrical)..they are inside only in time of lambing.. For now I don't milk sheep only goats..problem is find a worker...

And here some photos for you
 :) :) :)

Alpkäserei

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2012, 04:22:47 AM »
problem is find a worker...

OO pick me! Only problem is, I don't speak Croatian

For doing business, I am of the opinion that simpler labels are better in most cases. This is because the more there is to your label, the more expensive they are to print. This is especially true if you have a professional printer make them for you, and here you also run into the problem that the more colors you have, the more expense.

I am old fashioned, and prefer to make my masters by hand. But these then I copy into the computer to reprint.

For my best cheese, I am going to make what is called a Scherrenchnittli or Scherrenschnitte, which is a paper cutting. This is an old Swiss tradition and looks like this:

Here is a sample I made, though this is just a pen drawing. The final one will have a circle instead of a rectangle that will fit as a nice label on a cheese wheel to be displayed, and have a radiating pattern along the border so that the logo and name is repeated on every slice of cheese.

Offline Tiarella

• Old Cheese
  • Default personal text
    • Farm Blog
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2012, 04:27:05 AM »
Those are SOOOOOOOO beautiful, Alp!!!!!!

Offline Vina

• Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 4
  • Default personal text
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2012, 07:05:30 AM »
Fantastic looking labels, Alp!