Author Topic: htc-1 humidity meter  (Read 2075 times)

waterbearer

htc-1 humidity meter
« on: February 13, 2013, 06:17:00 PM »
Does any use this model and does it give a correct reading . i just received one yesterday and i  put it into my wine fridge last night. when i woke up it was a 80 percent then i open my fridge took some cheese, close the door ,30 seconds later i put the cheese back in.Shortly after that it drop to 56 percent .
 note that my room is warm in the daytime and cold at night . could this be affecting it?

Offline H-K-J

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 145
  • Act as if it were impossible to fail.
    • Cookin with uh dash dogs hair
Re: htc-1 humidity meter
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 06:55:46 PM »
Here is a simple way to check it (from DJ-Debie)
Never hit a man with glasses, use a baseball bat!
http://cocker-spanial-hair-in-my-food.blogspot.com/

BobE102330

Re: htc-1 humidity meter
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 10:16:53 PM »
It makes sense that you'd get some air exchange when you open the fridge, which would affect the humidity.  Do you feel cool air on your feet and ankles?  Some of your cold moist air is being replaced with room air which is likely around 30% RH if you are heating. 

My meter doesn't change much, but it seems to average over a long period.  If I take the remote sensor out of the fridge into a 66 degree room it takes half an hour or more to indicate 66 degrees.  The RH also takes a long time to match its display cousin.  Your meter may be reading fast. 

The important part is does the cheese fridge indicate the proper humidity an hour after you have closed the door?