Hi Guys, Sorry for my absence... Been so busy with cheese over the Xmas period that i haven't been back here since.
My volunteer blue does seem to have the flavour of roqueforte but seems not to be as reliable as i would like... takes over some cheese in a matter of 6 days and doesn' t have any impact on others.
Another question.... if i have a blue mould cheese that i inoculated with p. roq, and then brush off exterior mould before eating, could THESE shavings which are obviously p roq. be frozen and then used in another batch of cheese with same results? I presume they could since the mould just continues to reproduce itself, but should i also add a little bought roq spores, or does that defeat the purpose of using my own...