Hi I'm from Bulgaria and I make cheese in this recipe:
Bulgarian cheese - Sirene
milk /domestoc or bio/
bulgarian yogurt / not necessarily /
1. Measure exact amount of milk in liters. Pour it into a clean saucepan and heat to 35 C
2. For a better taste add optional 1 tablespoon yogurt for each liter of milk.
3. In 1 tablespoon of boiled water, dissolve yeast as described / 5-6 drops of yeast per liter of milk /.
4. Pour the dissolved yeast in the milk and mix well.
5. Milk topped with a lid and cover it with a blanket. Leave it for about 1 hour to 75 minutes or until light pressure with the finger come off the walls.
6. Cut cheese into cubes with clean knife size about 2 cm over the top and leave for another 20 minutes.
7. Gently stir and leave for another 15 minutes.
8. Pour cheese pre washed and scoured cheesecloth moistened with cold water. Tie it to something and let it drain for about 1 hour.
9. Squeeze it a little with your hands and bind tightly together to form a ball. Put it in a colander or tilted tray and push a weight. Leave it to pump 8 hours or 1 night.
10. Ready cheese from the cloth pulls. Rub with salt and can be consumed immediately.
11. If you want cheese solid / matured, to make brine for about 45 days at 10 C.
Brine - 1 liter of boiled water + 220 g of salt. The cheese stayed in it for 16 to 18 hours to be salted or 40-45 days to mature. Store in refrigerator. Before consumption soak for several hours in distilled water is not too salty.