Author Topic: my youtube video of a successful 30 minute mozzarella  (Read 2566 times)

cheeseslovesu

my youtube video of a successful 30 minute mozzarella
« on: January 07, 2013, 08:18:06 PM »
Hello fellow cheeseies,

I understand the frustration of trying the Ricki Carroll recipe for 30 minute mozzarella and it failing. After several attempts I finally succeeded and then included it in my cheese making classes.

I decided to record the full grand production and uploaded it on Youtube so those I have taught can have the confidence in making it themselves at home after the class.

It is in two parts and it is a bit low in volume to start with but once I get into the swing of it I get louder, I had to talk over the cicadas and chickens! Luckily it turned out to be one of the best mozzarella's I have ever made!! I have decided I have a good head for radio...
30 minute mozzarella demonstration part 1.wmv
30 minute mozzarella demonstration part 2

Mighty Mouse

Re: my youtube video of a successful 30 minute mozzarella
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 09:12:31 PM »
My favorite part: Video 2 (0:54)- "We still have 45 seconds to go but what the hell, I'm gonna go for it!"

wibekah

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2013, 12:10:35 AM »
I just wanted to say thanks for putting up the videos.  I thought they were very helpful.

Paterkie

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 09:24:41 AM »
Great video and very helpful.
What type of cooker is used that adjusts temp so quickly? Is it gas?

cheeseslovesu

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 12:11:23 AM »
Hi Johan,
In Australia we have portable gas cookers available to purchase at our major supermarkets and camping stores. They run off a small gas canister we purchase for approx. $5 for a set of 4 canisters and the gas cookers range in price from $14 - $17. They come in a black carry case. I use these in my cheese making classes as each student has their own work station.
The gas cooker has a dial that adjusts the flame strength. Debbie

John@PC

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 01:57:09 PM »
Can't wait to see your video, but I saw your steam table pan and had to comment.  I always used a round pot until I read Gianiclis's book and there on page 106 she talks about them.  I ordered a 2/3 size like yours for about $15 plus shipping and haven't looked back.  I now have a collection cause they're so handy.  I use the 2/3 for 2 gal batches and a full size for 4 gal.  A lot of advantages over round pot, not the least is it lends itself to using a fishing line harp.  Pics below show my heating set up and my home-made harp sized for the pan.  I've settled on using an electric griddle with a ceramic tile between the pan and griddle surface.  The tile acts like a pizza stone and gives the best heat distribution over the hundred or so I tried :P.  Did some experiments with water and know where to set the controller to get the right heating rate over the cooking interval.  Also is low mass, so I know that when I turn off the heat the temperature will rise only 2 deg. so I can account for that.

cheeseslovesu

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2013, 08:14:40 AM »
That is a great set up John. Don't you love it when your equipment works!