Author Topic: Cambozola #2  (Read 1197 times)

rosawoodsii

Cambozola #2
« on: January 15, 2013, 12:05:03 AM »
I didn't mark the date on this one, but I think it was right around New Year's
Day.  I looked at several recipes and finally made a combination.  I used one gallon raw goat milk, which is pretty high in solids this late in lactation and from does that I'm drying off.  I sprinkled the P. Roqueforti over the curds in the middle this time instead of adding it to the milk.  The P. candidum is growing vigorously, and I've patted it down a couple of times already so that it doesn't take off and run away with the cheese.  I poked holes around the middle a few days ago and today reopened them. It's coming along, and I'm curious to see how this one turns out.  Definitely much different from my last make.

I wonder, though,, should I be poking holes on the top and bottom as well as on the sides?
Photos below, top and bottom before showing the mold over the holes, last one is after reopening the holes.

Offline mgasparotto

• Medium Cheese
  • Cheeses: 6
  • Cheesemaking, Homebrewing Librarian in Queens, NY
Re: Cambozola #2
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 12:08:25 AM »
Wow, looks really promising! Looking forward to seeing how it turns out. For what it's worth, I pierced my gorgonzola through the top and the sides, but once I cracked it open and saw the veining inside felt that perhaps it was overkill. But I've never made a cambozola so I don't know about yours.

Offline H-K-J

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 145
  • Act as if it were impossible to fail.
    • Cookin with uh dash dogs hair
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 01:09:21 AM »
WOW!! Looks very nice :P MMMmmmmm
Never hit a man with glasses, use a baseball bat!
http://cocker-spanial-hair-in-my-food.blogspot.com/

rosawoodsii

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 03:45:30 AM »
If you saw pics of my last one (make #1) you'll know just how differently this one is shaping up!