Okay I've done Camemberts and a Cambozola and neither of them ever got soft so I went back through my makes to see what might have gone wrong. First thing I found was the extra cream I was using was ultra pasteurized. The second thing I found was that I was adding Geotrichum per the recipe I found on the New England Cheese Making Site. However, when I went through Tim Smith's book, he only has Camembert, and the 200 Easy Homemade Cheese book, for Brie, neither of them said to add this. Not sure if Rikki is just trying to push product or if she really thinks this is necessary but I left it out this time around to find out if that was some of the problem. I also used the SAM3 PC I recently purchased to see if I got better results with it. I made a 2 gallon recipe from the 200 Easy Homemade Cheese book for Brie. I have 5 1/4" molds so it made up three cheeses. Now we see if they fair any better then their predecessors. Here's what I have salted and out of the molds.