Author Topic: Peter Dixon class in Marin  (Read 2535 times)

Offline scasnerkay

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 197
  • Default personal text
Peter Dixon class in Marin
« on: January 30, 2013, 12:25:47 AM »
Yippee, I get to take an actual class! I hope it will not be too over my head! I wondered if anyone else reading here is going on Feb 15/16? We will be learning about Grana, Alpine and Washed Rind cheese styles!
Susan

linuxboy

Re: Peter Dixon class in Marin
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 03:44:54 AM »
We have a lot of other classes scheduled this year that the Guild is organizing if you want to keep learning. Ivan Larcher is coming later this year, so is Gianaclis. If I have time, I'm hoping to do a class with tasting on bloomies.  You can find the latest details on the events page, which we update as we finalize and schedule everything http://www.cacheeseguild.org/cheese_events

Thanks for signing up!

Offline scasnerkay

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 197
  • Default personal text
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 04:02:14 AM »
Where is the information about the class with Gianaclis? I don't yet know the name Ivan Larcher. The link you posted does not mention their classes....
Susan

linuxboy

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 05:02:49 PM »
which we update as we finalize and schedule everything
We're working on it. Takes time to schedule classes and coordinate schedules. :) I was talking about later this year. Everything for the next few months at a time is posted on the events page.

Milk Maid

One Seat Left- Peter Dixon class
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 04:56:24 PM »
Hi All:

This Peter Dixon class in Marin County, CA which was mentioned earlier just had one seat open up. Here are the details. Email me (sfmilkmaid@gmail.com) asap if you can make it:

A seat just opened up in an upcoming Cheesemaking Class on Feb 15 and 16 (9 - 4 p.m. each day). The class takes place in Novato and will be lead by world famous (and humble Vermont) cheesemaker Peter Dixon. He will be focusing on how to make Grana, Alpine and Washed Rind cheese styles. Class is appropriate for a home cheesemaker who's tested the waters or someone willing to absorb bounties of amazing information, in general.

Ticket is $207 for Cheese Guild members and $227 for non-members. Lunch is provided both days. This is an incredible chance to hang out in an intimate setting with a bunch of cheesemakers and cheese nerds.