Author Topic: listeria outbreak in australia  (Read 472 times)

Offline margaretsmall

• Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 5
listeria outbreak in australia
« on: February 10, 2013, 03:36:26 PM »
Three people have died and a larger number of people have been seriously ill with listeria as a result of eating soft cheese from the Jindi co. in Victoria. As well as selling under their own brand, they supply Coles own label cheese and a number of other brands. There has also been a recall of a soft cheese made by the Binnorie co. in the Hunter Valley, NSW.  A warning to us all (especially those of us who live on farms) to be especially careful about hygiene. I'm certainly going to improve my practice.
Margaret

Guests, join the CheeseForum.org community to remove this ad.

curd nerd

Re: listeria outbreak in australia
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 07:07:06 PM »
g'day MARGARET,,and now 2 x miscarriages,,,mostly deaths etc confined to the states of NEW SOUTH WALES , VICTORIA

and a TASMANIAN bloke visiting VICTORIA

funny you should mention hygiene,,this morning i boiled a 50 litre S,S, drum of water and "went to town " then saturday

when i make some CAERPHILLY will still go through normal sterilisation of course

having some "fun" lately are'nt we , bushfires in the south east , floods in the north east and listeria in the middle

many regards ,brian
'

Offline margaretsmall

• Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 5
Re: listeria outbreak in australia
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 04:07:38 PM »
I rather wonder what people O/S think of us here with floods and bushfires all at once (not in the same place unfortunately). It will only get worse I guess.
Margaret