Author Topic: Hi from Uganda  (Read 1478 times)

GusG

Hi from Uganda
« on: February 07, 2013, 04:23:41 PM »
Hi,

I live and work in Kampala, Uganda. I do a variety of niche products for our market, things like liver pate, duck products and packaging of vanilla as well as vanilla extract (Uganda produces some of the best vanilla), we sell these things at local farmers markets, some of the items are in supermarkets here and we have a website for the vanilla. Last year I started trying out cheesemaking but with very varied success so I'm here to learn more hopefully to be of benefit to others with my own experience.

Gustav

Offline Tiarella

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 81
  • Default personal text
    • Farm Blog
Re: Hi from Uganda
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 05:08:25 PM »
Hi Gus,  Welcome!  There are lots of incredibly gracious folks on this site who are very generous with their support as well as a wealth of great info already spelled out.  (although sometimes hard to find)
looking forward to hearing more about your cheese making.  Are you using cow or goat milk?  Raw or pasteurized?  What types of cheese have you been attempting? 

mjr522

Re: Hi from Uganda
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 05:12:47 PM »
Welcome!  I was just looking for a recipe for liver pate.  I got half a side of beef a little while back and a couple pounds of liver came with it.  My wife's inclination was to throw it out, but I'd like to see if I can make something good with it.

Lots of good resources here.  You'll be amazed at how much you'll learn.