Author Topic: listeria outbreak in australia  (Read 1153 times)

margaretsmall

listeria outbreak in australia
« on: February 10, 2013, 09:36:26 PM »
Three people have died and a larger number of people have been seriously ill with listeria as a result of eating soft cheese from the Jindi co. in Victoria. As well as selling under their own brand, they supply Coles own label cheese and a number of other brands. There has also been a recall of a soft cheese made by the Binnorie co. in the Hunter Valley, NSW.  A warning to us all (especially those of us who live on farms) to be especially careful about hygiene. I'm certainly going to improve my practice.
Margaret

curd nerd

Re: listeria outbreak in australia
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 01:07:06 AM »
g'day MARGARET,,and now 2 x miscarriages,,,mostly deaths etc confined to the states of NEW SOUTH WALES , VICTORIA

and a TASMANIAN bloke visiting VICTORIA

funny you should mention hygiene,,this morning i boiled a 50 litre S,S, drum of water and "went to town " then saturday

when i make some CAERPHILLY will still go through normal sterilisation of course

having some "fun" lately are'nt we , bushfires in the south east , floods in the north east and listeria in the middle

many regards ,brian
'

margaretsmall

Re: listeria outbreak in australia
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 10:07:38 PM »
I rather wonder what people O/S think of us here with floods and bushfires all at once (not in the same place unfortunately). It will only get worse I guess.
Margaret