Author Topic: Sheep milking machine  (Read 3281 times)

heidepb

Sheep milking machine
« on: March 22, 2013, 05:58:53 PM »
Hi, I'm new to this forum and new to milking sheep.  We are starting a small sheep and goat dairy, does anyone have any recommendations for milking machines for sheep?  We have five ewes who will be milking this spring.  We plan to expand to approx 30 in the next couple years.  Thanks!

Offline Tiarella

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 81
  • Default personal text
    • Farm Blog
Re: Sheep milking machine
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 01:05:07 AM »
Sorry no one has spoken up.  Have you tried the internet or sheep magazines?  I get a sheep magazine and it has ads for milkers in there sometimes.  How many do you want to milk at once?  Michael Perry sells reconditioned milkers.  I think his site is www.perrysmilkers.com  Something like that.

snofields

Re: Sheep milking machine
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 03:04:50 PM »
After attending a dairy goat show and comparing several milking machines I chose a unit from Hamby Dairy for my growing sheep flock.  I picked the 1 HP unit set up for 2 sheep.  You can plug one side if you want to milk one at a time or expand up to 4 by purchasing a second bucket  Be sure to let them know you are milking sheep so they will put on the right size of claws and include a pulsator appropriate for sheep.