Author Topic: New kids are falling from the sky  (Read 2976 times)

Captain Caprine

New kids are falling from the sky
« on: July 11, 2013, 04:30:50 AM »
Hi all,
I'm back after a year long break with no milkers (had to concentrate on work).  Attached is a pic of Bunny one of this years crop with her mom Cinnabon.
Cheers
Captain Caprine

Offline Boofer

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 344
  • Contemplating cheese
Re: New kids are falling from the sky
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 04:47:20 AM »
Cute little bugger. :)

Welcome back.

-Boofer-
Let's ferment something!
Bread, beer, wine, cheese...it's all good.

Offline Tiarella

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 81
  • Default personal text
    • Farm Blog
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 09:46:10 AM »
Hi!  Your timing is great, we've been having kids too and they're posted on a Lounge thread titled something like "Care to share a snapshot of your life".  I've got one more doe to kid.  She was due last Sunday and likely has quads.  (Nigerian Dwarf so litters are usual). You'll get a chuckle out of some of the thread posts and it shows some cool photos of what folks are up to.   :D

MrsKK

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 03:04:16 PM »
I've missed you!  I'm sorry that work had to get in the way of dairying and cheesemaking. 

I'm on a bit of a sabbatical from cheesemaking, too, until I wean the calf around the first of August.  Then I'll have two weeks of doing what I want with the milk before having to dry the cow off.  I miss it when I can't make cheese, but the break is welcome sometimes, too.

Your goats are adorable!  I've owned a couple of goats in my time, never milked though.  I'm more of a cow person, but appreciate looking at the photos people share of their new kids.

Captain Caprine

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 07:42:36 PM »
Cheers MrsKK
It's great to be back
CC