Author Topic: Pepper Jack #1  (Read 2089 times)

Offline Chetty

• Mature Cheese
  • Cheeses: 17
  • Default personal text
Pepper Jack #1
« on: February 20, 2013, 03:02:44 AM »
Here is a picture of my first peper jack.  I have made regular jack before but I decided to add pepers this time.  I should have cut the pepper smaller.  I also should have tryed a different type.  I used bottled peppers this time,  Not the best idea I have ever had. 

CWREBEL

Re: Pepper Jack #1
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 12:41:14 AM »
Do you have a recipe? Jalepenos?

Offline Chetty

• Mature Cheese
  • Default personal text
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 03:32:01 AM »
The recipe was from
www.cheesemaking.com under jack.  This was the first time I added peppers, they were a mix of jalepenos and another type that they called "Hot chilie peppers"  I would not suggest using bottled peppers.  The tast of the final cheese was alright but it was not my favorite.  I perfer the regular jack. 

BobE102330

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 04:18:46 AM »
The vinegar on the pickled peppers will affect the cheese's acidity.  Much like trying to cook with them you should rinse thoroughly if you don't need the acid. Fresh or reconstituted dried peppers are preferred.  Throw them in a blender or food processor with a bit of water and pulse to desired size.    Chetty, you've been awful busy.  That's a lot of varieties you've shown.

Offline Chetty

• Mature Cheese
  • Default personal text
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 04:21:45 AM »
I try to keep at it, Some times it is hard.  In order to make cheese with my set up I have to get up at three o'clock to get the fresh milk from the morning milking.  I am not a morning person. 

Tom Turophile

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 02:53:14 PM »
I try to keep at it, Some times it is hard.  In order to make cheese with my set up I have to get up at three o'clock to get the fresh milk from the morning milking.  I am not a morning person.

That sounds like a late night, not early morning.

Offline Chetty

• Mature Cheese
  • Default personal text
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 03:22:00 PM »
Yes, yes it is.

BobE102330

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 03:50:03 PM »
You crazy kids!  ;)