Author Topic: First cheddar with herbs  (Read 4694 times)

High Altitude

Re: First cheddar with herbs
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2013, 09:47:15 PM »
Funny Boofer!  Checked out that link yesterday.  I have 8 cheeses in the 'cave', one in make on the stove (Jarlsberg :-) and one to make tomorrow....and I have yet to try any of them.  Wonder how many of those I will add to the Cheese Wall of Shame!

Offline Boofer

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 344
  • Contemplating cheese
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2013, 12:36:18 AM »
Wonder how many of those I will add to the Cheese Wall of Shame!
Ah, now that's confidence! ;)

-Boofer-
Let's ferment something!
Bread, beer, wine, cheese...it's all good.

CWREBEL

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2013, 12:39:32 AM »
Great looking cheese!

High Altitude

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2013, 01:29:51 AM »
There is no true success without failure (let's just hope not too much in the cheesemaking world!).

Eileen

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2013, 03:04:03 PM »
Thanks for all the advice. I think I may try a Caerphilly as my husband likes it although it is a little bland for my taste.

I am currently using only milk very local to our village and although it is homogenised and pastuerised, I find calcium choloride seems to deal with any problems. To my delight I have discovered a source of natural spring water in the locality which I shall be using in future. Up until now I have been buying bottled spring water which although cheap enough, rather negates my principle of using really local resources.

I live in Cornwall in the South West of the UK and am surrounded by villages with the strangest of names. Amongst them are Water-Ma-Trout, Goon Gumpas, Playing Place, Mousehole, Indian Queens, Little Beside,  Praze-an-Beeble, Knave Go by.

Knave Go By is where the spring or shute is http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=541806289176863

bbrown131211

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2013, 04:24:09 PM »
Lovely looking cheese -- can't wait to hear how it turns out. I use herbs frequently in my cheeses -- dill, sage, cumin, caraway -- but have never tried multiple herbs. You have inspired me!