Author Topic: Baby Gouda Molds  (Read 1172 times)

green zebra

Baby Gouda Molds
« on: March 15, 2013, 12:28:12 AM »
Ciao!

Somewhere i read about someone making baby sized goudas. Sounded like a great idea for gift giving so i bought two molds to make one pounders.
If that person is reading this, would you mind sharing your experience with how much milk is needed to make this cheese. Just trying to fit the recipe to a certain number of molds.
I think i should buy one or two more molds to make the babies from say...2 gallons?...just guessing.

Thank you,
Doris

shotski

Re: Baby Gouda Molds
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 01:06:24 AM »
Where did you get your moulds and how many are there in the group? It is a great concept and would love to try them but all the group moulds I have seen are very expensive.

WovenMeadows

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 01:21:29 AM »
Well, your hard pressed cheeses will typically yield about 1 pound of cheese per one gallon of milk, so if your mold is indeed a one-pound mold, try one gallon of milk (for one, two gallons for two, etc).

green zebra

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 01:30:13 AM »
Shotski...i got the small gouda molds from Cheese and Yogurt Making      cheeseandyogurtmaking.com (sorry i do not know how to include the link...yet!)
I got their #4 each $14.99 US.  They have a smaller one as well. Half pound, i think.

WovenMeadows...thank you, sounds good! I will work with this.

shotski

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 08:18:39 PM »
Shotski...i got the small gouda molds from Cheese and Yogurt Making      cheeseandyogurtmaking.com (sorry i do not know how to include the link...yet!)
I got their #4 each $14.99 US.  They have a smaller one as well. Half pound, i think.

WovenMeadows...thank you, sounds good! I will work with this.

Thanks I will check it out