Author Topic: My first press  (Read 1671 times)

Offline Sommer

• New Cheese
  • Cheeses: 0
  • Default personal text
My first press
« on: April 10, 2023, 02:28:00 PM »
This is my first Cheese press ever. I decided to build my own after realizing every press online is overpriced. I’m keeping it simple. Two boards, with the top being the weight bearing board for either dumbbells or plates. It will be able to be disassembled when not in use, the boards will be used as cheese boards or cutting boards. The press is not done, but I’ll update as I go.

I had a slab of black walnut laying around from another project, so I handplaned and sanded. I did loose a #6 plane during this project so that sucks, but I’m still excited to make some cheese!

I’ll post pics when I figure out the best way to do that. My camera might take too big of pics ☹️

Offline B e n

• Medium Cheese
  • Cheeses: 2
  • Default personal text
Re: My first press
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2023, 02:14:14 PM »
Post them to a hosting site and link to here. The site photo hosting is not so good. I use google drive, but you could also use something like Imgur.

I used stacked weights for a while, one end of a board set on something stable to help keep it flat. It worked ok, especially on cheeses that didn't require a ton of pressure... it did require some supervision though. In the end I built a dutch cheese press off of some plans from this site. Easy thing to make if you have a table saw.