Author Topic: New Cheese Presses  (Read 2631 times)

CheeWilly

New Cheese Presses
« on: March 27, 2013, 01:00:55 AM »
Hello all, my name is Troy from Colorado.  I am new to cheese making and new to the board but am finding a wealth of knowledge here.  Thanks to all who share your trials and recipes.  I am in the market for a cheese cave at the moment, considering using an upright freezer as my cave at this point with a modified PID controller and a humidity controller.  As soon as I have the cave modified I will get some pics up, but in the meantime I wanted to share my new homemade presses with the forum.
One press is good for 50 lbs and the other is good for 300 plus.  Just waiting for the cave to put them to use.

mjr522

Re: New Cheese Presses
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 03:49:38 AM »
Welcome to the forum!  Your presses look good.  I've questioned elsewhere the use of a PID controller (as opposed to a thermostat) for refrigeration (since most compressors are either on or off and cycling them on and off really fast like you might do with a heating element will destroy them).  I figure that most people who are using one are actually using a thermostat function, not PID control.  Anyway...welcome to the forum!

Offline marjsand

• New Cheese
  • Cheeses: 0
  • Default personal text
Re: New Cheese Presses
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2022, 11:15:38 PM »
Can you share your plans for the cheese press?