Author Topic: New member from UK  (Read 1438 times)

quidnunc

New member from UK
« on: March 31, 2013, 11:44:25 AM »
Hi everyone.
I have just registered and want to introduce myself.  I am 75 years old, live in Brierley Hill (a town in the West Midlands region of the UK), live alone and have recently started to make my own cheese.

I have many interests, almost exclusively intellectual rather than physical, and normally with a science connection.  I am a keen cook and make everything from scratch where possible.  I dehydrate foods for future use and now I am adding cheese-making to my skills. 

I think the modern child has little or no inkling of where their food comes from or how it is made and therefore will find it difficult in a future world in which many things we take for granted now will become more and more scarce.  I would like to pass on what skills I have acquired to my grandchildren in the hope that if and when life becomes difficult they have the knowledge to be able to go back to basics and improvise.  I will be asking a lot of questions about cheese-making and hope that other members will be kind enough to offer their help and guidance.

Quidnunc

stinkymccheese

Re: New member from UK
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 12:27:07 PM »
Welcome to the Forum, we've been expecting you.

Offline Boofer

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 344
  • Contemplating cheese
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 01:12:15 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Quidnunc.

Looking forward to reading and seeing about your cheese exploits.

-Boofer-
Let's ferment something!
Bread, beer, wine, cheese...it's all good.

Salilah

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 08:49:53 AM »
Welcome - great to see someone else here from the UK!
Look forward to your posts
Salilah, Cambridge / North London

jwalker

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2013, 01:30:25 PM »
Welcome to the forum! ;D