Author Topic: I'm Inspired Now By Dave  (Read 4181 times)

LadyLiberty

I'm Inspired Now By Dave
« on: February 22, 2009, 12:59:00 AM »
And am going to make Neufchatel tomorrow.  Here's my question though.  If you were going to make it with herbs and garlic would you use dried or fresh herbs, and what kinds in terms of the Boursin?

Cheese Head

Re: I'm Inspired Now By Dave
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 01:04:42 AM »
LL, I also like Boursin Brand flavoured cream cheese and did a little research on it here, and I flavoured one of cheeses like Boursin but it wasn't the same as store bought Boursin, good luck.

Likesspace

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 02:31:26 AM »
I've actually inspired someone???
Sheesh, I don't think this has happened since I "inspired" my girlfriend in the 12th grade to cut class and go on a road trip!
Ummm.....I hope the inspiriation I've given to you works out better than the previously mentioned attempt. That one got a little ugly.  ;D

Dave

LadyLiberty

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 03:01:13 AM »
I've actually inspired someone???
Sheesh, I don't think this has happened since I "inspired" my girlfriend in the 12th grade to cut class and go on a road trip!
Ummm.....I hope the inspiriation I've given to you works out better than the previously mentioned attempt. That one got a little ugly.  ;D

Dave

Don't sell yourself short, Dave.

Likesspace

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 01:57:05 AM »
Well thank you, Joy....
That was nice!

Captain Caprine

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 03:52:30 AM »
LL
Use dry herbs.  If you are looking for a good Alouette type mix. Try mixing in some Lizzie's Kitchen All Natural No Salt seasoning. It has garlic, onion, black pepper, oregano and thyme.  You can find it at Safeway in the spice section.  Be mindful that there may be sulfites for those who are sensitive in dried onions and garlic products.
CC

Offline Cartierusm

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 21
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 09:14:13 AM »
Speaking of herbs...Dave have you been smoking any? Getting a little weird lately... ;D

I would say fresh but I'd listen to Captain as I have no experience with herbs and cheese.

Likesspace

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2009, 05:49:03 PM »
Carter,
I'm not only acting weird, I'm feeling weird.
Company audits, Fiscal year end, physical inventory.....
I'm afraid that my mind is about to fly the coop.
Yep, I'm losing it.  :-\

Dave

homeacremom

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2009, 07:24:59 PM »
In my experiments with herbs in chevre dried herbs and seasonings perform better.

Offline Cartierusm

• Old Cheese
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2009, 08:09:08 PM »
Deep breaths Dave were all here for ya.

Likesspace

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2009, 02:58:55 AM »
Carter, thanks....
I don't mean to whine but man......these hours are about to kill me.
But, I have learned something very important. Auditors are real pr......ummmm......un-nice people.  ;D

If I can just make it through this week, things will get back to normal (or close enough, anyway).
I told my assistant this morning, at 9:00 a.m.: "Just think...we only have about another 75 - 80 hours and this week will be over."  He was not amused. :-)

Dave

Offline Cartierusm

• Old Cheese
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2009, 09:04:21 AM »
Look on the bright side Dave, next week when you're pressing a cheese you can visuallize that the auditors head is in your press.

wharris

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2009, 05:00:38 PM »
Deviating to a non-cheese topic. 

I will say that from my perspective, working too much is a good thing these days.  My little computer security company has the opposite problem.  Folks seem to look at security as a "luxury" in tough times.