Author Topic: Iratherfly, Yoav has launched Artisan Geek!  (Read 18476 times)

iratherfly

Re: Iratherfly, Yoav has launched Artisan Geek!
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2013, 04:34:48 PM »
Thanks! Oh, you should see her now, 3 months later. She is running for mayor of NYC!

Yes, Alex the Cheesepenter. He is great! He is teaching cheesemaking in Israel. His wife is an amazing bread baker too. He doesn't post on the forum, not sure why but his cheesemaking is alive and well...

Tomer1

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2013, 04:37:10 PM »
I know that he do private cheese courses now in addition to his woodworking business, maybe his just busy?

Ive been making good use to the GEO you sent and PLA on an overly renneted raw milk lactic cheese. smells really feety  ^-^

Planning on using the LH for some Emmentaler while room temp is still good for warm fermentation.   

mbox

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2013, 02:16:25 PM »
Congrats Yoav! Great to see the site being up and running i really like that you seek wider variety offerings .... i shall place my next order in the near future :-)

mbox

Thanks Reinhard! How is the stuff working out for you so far?  Remind me the next time you order to send you that wrapping paper sample. You will see the difference right away!

very cool.

congrats, three or four times.

Thank you! (three or four times...)

Hi yoav. congrat for the newgeek  also from me zvisaar and all Israeli cheese makers

Thanks Zvi!  Are you and Tomer enjoying those cultures?  I have some samples of things specifically for you two and for Anat and Alex (do you know them?)

Hi Yoav, yes all is fine and the next time to remind you for the wrap samples - it is already now time to order :-) i sent you an email already ....PLA ,MY800
Great service , not only offering products but indepth info around it too...on other website you may find items only very briefly described -  this i would suggest you have added on your site describing the molds & cultures ...it will save you a lot of email replies to people like me :-)

iratherfly

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2013, 06:20:49 PM »
Thanks Reinhard!
Yes, I am working hard at it but there will be a much more detailed descriptions of the products and what they do, how they work and how they compare.  Developing some infographics as well.

Glad to see that some of you guys have began using it! How fun! Such exciting time.

Smurfmacaw

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2013, 04:28:11 PM »
I wish I had seen this earlier.  Always prefer to help out the folks that help me out with good advice and encouragement.  Still managed to spend a couple of dollar on the site.  Do you by any chance have or plans to get quality hobbyist curd harps?  Really only need the horizontal cut type but want something with stainless wire cutters.

cheers

Mike

Offline Gürkan Yeniçeri

• The one who masters temperature and humidity can make any cheese.
  • Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 36
  • It's not a hobby, it's an addiction, a good one.
    • Artizan Peynirci
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2013, 12:14:41 AM »
Congrats Iratherfly. Nice online shop.

gabanit

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2013, 08:30:29 AM »
I'm happily joining the congratulations, and yes, I do enjoy your staff, just too busy with other things as well.
Mazal Tov!

Offline ArnaudForestier

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 45
  • Default personal text
    • Paul's FB
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2014, 01:25:47 PM »
Whoa, had no idea this was Yoav's site - congratulations, Yoav, and congratulations for ranking so well in a raw google search.  Bought 4 reb molds with the s/s weights, trier, assorted other stuff.  Way to go!

Paul
- Paul

Spoons

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2014, 05:07:58 PM »
Isn't this forum just amazing? We have posters who started their own web store, some build cheese presses! Nice going Iratherfly!

My next purchase is that manchego mould. Are you thinking of selling cream wax eventually? I only know of one supplier that sells RED cream wax but it's only sold in 25KG tubs. Yellow, black and clear and all easy to get by for a home cheese maker's scale, just not the red.

Offline ArnaudForestier

• Old Cheese
  • Default personal text
    • Paul's FB
Where is our compatriote-fromager?
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2014, 03:35:10 PM »
Hey all -

Just wondering if anyone has seen or heard from Yoav lately?  Over the last several weeks I've sent a few e-mails, and a query from his site, but haven't heard from him...would like to order some things, as well as followup with him on a couple earlier item discussions.  If anyone knows a better contact, would you please either let him know I'd like to get hold of him, or otherwise advise me?  Many thanks...

- Paul

Offline awakephd

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 240
  • compounding the benefits of a free press
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2014, 04:34:19 PM »
Paul,

I ordered something from Yoav / ArtisanGeek about 3 months ago, and it took a while to go through due to some problems he was having with switching servers. Maybe the problems are on-going?
-- Andy

Offline ArnaudForestier

• Old Cheese
  • Default personal text
    • Paul's FB
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2014, 04:51:43 PM »
OK, that makes sense, could be.  That's a bummer - hate to source some needed cultures elsewhere, so if anyone has a way to contact, could you help out?  Many thanks, all.
- Paul

Spoons

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2014, 07:30:29 PM »
I switched from Glengarry to Artisan Geek a few months back for a similar reason. So far, Yoav's been great! He told me he was expanding I believe, or something about off-site storage or something. Anyways, some changes are in the works. Maybe you got unlucky and got caught up in that.

Offline ArnaudForestier

• Old Cheese
  • Default personal text
    • Paul's FB
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2014, 08:42:16 PM »
It's just been a couple weeks without contact, so no worries.  Just following up with Yoav from an e-mail he sent me, actually, and then ordering some stuff he apparently has but isn't listed on his site.  Hopefully it will work out...needing a bolder linens for seeding my cave, some other stuff.

Thanks, Eric.
- Paul

Sailor Con Queso

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2014, 10:23:20 PM »
Margaret at Glengarry has launched a new online ordering system.

Click here: Glengarry