Author Topic: Iratherfly, Yoav has launched Artisan Geek!  (Read 18424 times)

Offline ArnaudForestier

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 45
  • Default personal text
    • Paul's FB
Re: Iratherfly, Yoav has launched Artisan Geek!
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2014, 09:40:46 PM »
I've been anticipating this, thanks Sailor, wasn't aware it was up.  Awesome setup. 

Unfortunately I've not heard anything from Yoav, despite several e-mails and contact attempts from his site's query webform directly.  Happened awhile back, too.  Shame.
- Paul

Offline steffb503

• Catskill Mts, NY State, USA
  • Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 11
    • M & S Farm
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2014, 10:49:46 AM »
He might be in Isreal

Offline ArnaudForestier

• Old Cheese
  • Default personal text
    • Paul's FB
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2014, 01:03:05 PM »
Not sure, Steff.  I first wrote to Yoav via his website and e-mail on Sept. 2, didn't hear anything from him so wrote again on 9/19; he replied same day, saying my e-mail was lost, something to that effect.  He was very helpful and pitched some great ideas**, I wrote back right away, ready to order, just a question....and haven't heard from him since.  I've tried several times, but not heard, so not sure what's going on.  I like Yoav quite a bit and I hope he's alright.  Also regret I have to try elsewhere, as I'm in need of some cultures for current makes, in addition to some new things for my winter plans.

Anyone know where FR22 is sold, in the U.S.? 

**Honestly - some very creative and knowledgeable ideas - Yoav has always been really generous with his thoughts.  I'm looking to try some Vacherin Mont d'Or this winter - unlike my Abondance style, which uses only a touch of Alp D, I'll be using several bought strains in these cheeses.
- Paul

Offline Tiarella

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 81
  • Default personal text
    • Farm Blog
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2014, 01:21:01 AM »
Paul, have you had any luck getting in touch with Yoav?  I have his phone number if you want it. I think it is his personal one and I know he does a lot with you so I don't think he'd mind me giving it to you.  I could send it by cheese forum private message if you want it.  I can't remember if you have my email address off forum.....but whatever...just let me know.  I haven't spoken with him recently.....

Offline ArnaudForestier

• Old Cheese
  • Default personal text
    • Paul's FB
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2014, 11:40:01 AM »
Many thanks, Tiarella.  Yep, Yoav and I have been in touch, no issues.  That said, he actually called me but I've misplaced the number - so that would be great.  I'll PM you, and thanks again.
- Paul