Author Topic: Iratherfly, Yoav has launched Artisan Geek!  (Read 18480 times)

Shazah

Iratherfly, Yoav has launched Artisan Geek!
« on: April 11, 2013, 08:43:16 PM »
I've just read on Twitter that Yoav has launched his Artisan Geek website.  I know there are a lot like me who have been eagerly waiting to see what goodies he has on offer. 

Looks like it could be a one stop shop for all our cheeseyerotica  ^-^

BobE102330

Re: Iratherfly, Yoav has launched Artisan Geek!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 08:50:49 PM »

cowboycheese

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 09:44:24 PM »
Congrats Yoav!  My wallet may not thank you though - shopping via emails and knowing exactly what I want kept me on budget but now I can shop the aisles and get more than I need...   :D

Offline steffb503

• Catskill Mts, NY State, USA
  • Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 11
    • M & S Farm
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 10:53:50 AM »
Glad to see it up and running. I have already told all my goat friends about it.

Offline Tiarella

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 81
  • Default personal text
    • Farm Blog
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 11:54:17 AM »
Congrats Yoav!  My wallet may not thank you though - shopping via emails and knowing exactly what I want kept me on budget but now I can shop the aisles and get more than I need...   :D

Yeah, this is what I'm scared of too!!!  Could be very dangerous!!   ???

bbracken677

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 01:19:52 PM »
Congrats to Yoav!  Very cool!

I have been wondering what he has been up to, since he hasnt had much of a presence in the forum of late.   Apparently he has been busy! 

iratherfly

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2013, 09:19:30 PM »
Whoa Whoa Whoa!!!

I had no idea all of this was going on!!!

First, thank you all for the response and Sharon... thanks for letting people know and twitting with me!

I haven't made any announcement regarding Artisan Geek yet because it is still in "soft launch" mode. That means the site is public and you can use it but I am still missing about 180 products and there are many descriptions and photos that are not yet posted.  Aside for a few cosmetic issues, all technical bugs are gone and anyone can shop using credit card or PayPal, from wherever you are in the world.

I expect to launch officially in 10 days and I will announce it here. Please send me private messages for any special requests. 

There has been lots of work put into this. It's not just what you see on the site; much of it is behind the scenes: Arranging logistics and customs compliance, testing packing materials and cold shipping, warehousing and lab packing practices, relationships with vendors and manufacturers, as well as farms, retailers, and culinary institutes. A lot has been going on.  The entire purpose of this site is to enable anyone, from the hobbyist to the commercial producer to do creative, imaginative, high quality projects without breaking the bank -while taking true joy at it.  To that end... my pride and joy here is really the sourcing of products from all over the world. Not just your standard Tomme mould and Flora Danica, but some very unique items such as spruce bark straps for Vacherin, Thistle rennet, Dutch presses that are actually hand-made in Holland, interesting authentic moulds... etc. etc. etc. There will be some very exotic cultures from small boutique producers too.  So be patient... it's all coming!!!

To those of you who thought I disappeared... I haven't.  I miss the forum very much but with all this work I haven't had enough time left in the day to check in over the past 4 months. As soon as the catalog is out I will have much more time for this. Well... in some other exciting news, it looks like I will be making some cheese commercially starting this very spring as well!  The creamery will also serve as sort of a public experiment space and education center for Artisan Geek so it is all coming together finally after a year of planning.

And oh yes, another reason that I haven't been visiting the forum as often is that I turned a new daddy on January 2nd!  Her name is Elenee and she amazes me every day.  Some of you may remember on the forum when I proposed at the Marais in Paris? Well Marais is our daughter's middle name.  What a year!

mbox

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 07:34:22 AM »
Congrats Yoav! Great to see the site being up and running i really like that you seek wider variety offerings .... i shall place my next order in the near future :-)

mbox

beechercreature

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2013, 01:08:24 PM »
very cool.

congrats, three or four times.

zvisaar

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2013, 04:52:31 PM »
Hi yoav. congrat for the newgeek  also from me zvisaar and all Israeli cheese makers

iratherfly

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2013, 05:14:51 PM »
Congrats Yoav! Great to see the site being up and running i really like that you seek wider variety offerings .... i shall place my next order in the near future :-)

mbox

Thanks Reinhard! How is the stuff working out for you so far?  Remind me the next time you order to send you that wrapping paper sample. You will see the difference right away!

very cool.

congrats, three or four times.

Thank you! (three or four times...)

Hi yoav. congrat for the newgeek  also from me zvisaar and all Israeli cheese makers

Thanks Zvi!  Are you and Tomer enjoying those cultures?  I have some samples of things specifically for you two and for Anat and Alex (do you know them?)

zvisaar

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2013, 10:40:50 PM »
yap.thanks we enjoined the cultures and i made some magnjficant Gouda an Gruyere  and some more other stuff made by timer experimenting the cultures waiting  the new special thinks and timer made a local group in the facebook,,,,i know Alex speak from time to time
let me know when u have something special and when do you come to Israel....
how is Ur little new borne daughter doing ???
lets be in touch!!

iratherfly

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2013, 03:31:02 AM »
By Timer - I think you meant Tomer? (Tomer1 on the forum)  Looks like your system autocorrects your typing (you must be using Apple iPad or iPhone... right? It always correct foreign language words and names to me into words that don't make any sense in the sentence when said in English). Yes, I saw his Facebook group, it's great. I am a member.

Glad to hear the Gouda went well! What did you use? Kazu?

The little one is doing well. She is all smiles! What do you expect? She got off to a good start surrounded with lots of love and cheese moulds. Here she is 9 days old, impressed by daddy's personal cheese mould collection (background), possibly wondering where her stuff should go?

Offline steffb503

• Catskill Mts, NY State, USA
  • Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 11
    • M & S Farm
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2013, 10:51:42 AM »
Congrats on the beautiful daughter!!

Offline Boofer

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 344
  • Contemplating cheese
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2013, 02:00:39 PM »
The little one is doing well. She is all smiles! What do you expect? She got off to a good start surrounded with lots of love and cheese moulds. Here she is 9 days old, impressed by daddy's personal cheese mould collection (background), possibly wondering where her stuff should go?
She's a cutie. :)

All those moulds for her to play with! ;)

I have some samples of things specifically for you two and for Anat and Alex (do you know them?)
Whatever happened to Alex? We're talking about the "The Cheesepenter", correct? He had some useful input.

-Boofer-
Let's ferment something!
Bread, beer, wine, cheese...it's all good.