Author Topic: Brew Store having Festival with Cheese booth  (Read 2078 times)

tnbquilt

Brew Store having Festival with Cheese booth
« on: May 11, 2013, 05:26:45 PM »
The local Brew store sells supplies for beer, wine and cheese making. They also sell craft beer by the bottle, and they have a growler store. In case you don't know, a growler store is where they have a bunch of craft beer on tap, and you buy a glass jug called a growler, and you have it filled with whatever beer you want. Then you can just bring the jug back and get it refilled.

The local merchants around the brew store are having what they call a Brewfest. The restaurants and other businesses in the area are going to set up some tents in the parking lot and charge admission and advertise their stuff. There will be food samples from restaurants and various beers. The businesses are going to give out coupons. I think the Mexican restaurant is doing a coupon for a $2 margarita to try their restaurant.

The store asked if I will set out a table for their cheese supplies and classes. I teach classes there for cheddar and Swiss, and they have a mozzarella class. I would like to promote classes and encourage new cheese makers.

Any ideas for what I can do? I don't think that a demonstration would be good, people will be wandering by, not staying long enough to do a demonstration. I thought about making cheese curds the day before and having them for samples. I could do regular cheddar curds and I could do some with jalopeno's as well. We will sit out all of the supplies that they store sells of course, and my husband is going to have a cheese press on display.

I just feel like there has to be something else to draw some attention. Does anybody have any ideas? Is there any quick cheese that I could make that would spark interest in cheese making? The festival is June 15th.

Offline Boofer

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 344
  • Contemplating cheese
Re: Brew Store having Festival with Cheese booth
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 10:44:31 PM »
Sailor demonstrated mozzarella stretching a year or two ago. Seems like that was pretty popular. The thread's in here somewhere. One stretch looked about 10 feet long.

-Boofer-
Let's ferment something!
Bread, beer, wine, cheese...it's all good.

Scott Wallen

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 03:37:01 PM »
I love lookin at the photo's of everyone's cheeses on this forum, possibly you could download some of the photo's to a flash drive, set up a laptop and do a slideshow of the beautiful cheeses you all make.

tnbquilt

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 04:07:12 PM »
I love everybody's pictures too! Wouldn't that be illegal, or possibly just rude, to download other people's pictures and show them? I understand that by posting on public forum that they are not copy writed but it just seems inappropriate to share someone else's work without them knowing it. I don't want to offend anybody.

Offline Boofer

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 344
  • Contemplating cheese
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 11:38:21 PM »
I love everybody's pictures too! Wouldn't that be illegal, or possibly just rude, to download other people's pictures and show them? I understand that by posting on public forum that they are not copy writed but it just seems inappropriate to share someone else's work without them knowing it. I don't want to offend anybody.
I think if you credit the author/originator, you should be okay.

I don't have a problem with anyone using my pics (such as they are ::)). My stance is: anything I upload to the forum is public domain. Because of the wonderful digital technology I snap quite a few pictures and then cull the ones I hate and select/tweak the ones I want to post. I try to make engaging, seductive pics when the material and opportunity presents itself. If anything I post delights the eye of anyone, then I've been successful. I try not to post too many boring or uneventful pics. In a lot of cases, my aim is to be historical so that I can see what mistakes or successes I've made in the past and try to learn from both in forthcoming makes. I've had and posted both here on the forum. Then too, if someone else benefits from those two divergent paths...good stuff.  8)

-Boofer-
Let's ferment something!
Bread, beer, wine, cheese...it's all good.

george

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 09:47:49 AM »
And don't forget to include "Failures I Have Known" if you do that!    :o

Scott Wallen

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2013, 05:37:02 PM »
I agree totaly with Boofer, also if I have posted it, it is fair game to anyone.

tnbquilt

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2013, 04:10:37 PM »
I agree Boofer! Part of the stuff I try to tell people in my class is don't make the same mistakes I did, make new ones! If I have already tried it and it didn't work, then you can skip that step.

I think I will download some picture and make a slide show. I have a lot of pictures of my own as well.