Author Topic: H-K-J's 4th Caerphilly  (Read 1500 times)

Offline H-K-J

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 145
  • Act as if it were impossible to fail.
    • Cookin with uh dash dogs hair
H-K-J's 4th Caerphilly
« on: September 01, 2013, 04:16:38 PM »
I finally got some time off,
the first thing on my mind was MAKE CHEESE
We are very low on Caerphilly so I got the milk and went to work. this make went so well you would have thought I made cheese all the time ^-^
Hit my major temps and times right on the nose ;D
My floc times have been a little long and I added a bit more rennet and BOOM!! 9 minute floc time, used the 3.5 multiplier I wanted a little moister cheese, I also cut curd to 1 inch,
curd turned out beautiful,nice and firm and it didn't fracture, I think that was because of someones giggle/jiggle at the start of the cooking faze.
Although the knit was very nice in the end I was a little worried at the first flip, it turned out great.
At the moment it is in the press for an hour naked to smooth it up a little.
this make was just fun for me as it went so smooth and the first one after 4 months of 11 and 12 hour days (6 days a week :P)
I know I will be doing another one very soon just don't know what, Swiss maybe another swiss ;D
Never hit a man with glasses, use a baseball bat!
http://cocker-spanial-hair-in-my-food.blogspot.com/

mjr522

Re: H-K-J's 4th Caerphilly
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 04:19:20 PM »
Looks good--it's nice to start making again after a long break.

JeffHamm

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 06:26:40 PM »
Nice looking wheel there H-K-J.  It is nice when all the steps just seem to come together rather than a mad panic or trying to force the next step. 

- Jeff

Offline Tiarella

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 81
  • Default personal text
    • Farm Blog
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 08:30:12 PM »
Nice to have news from you, H-K-J!!!!  Do you still have any of your famous Stilton left?  Glad you had time to make cheese, glad you've had work and wishing you had more time to make cheese!!!!   ;D

Offline H-K-J

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 145
  • Act as if it were impossible to fail.
    • Cookin with uh dash dogs hair
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 04:26:32 PM »
Thanks for the welcome back guy's, it has been a long summer my wife had allot of fun fishing in Grand Teton park.
Had to buy her a non resident fishing licence at $14.00 for a day pass it was cheaper to get the licence at $104.00 :o
Do you still have any of your famous Stilton left?  Glad you had time to make cheese,

just cut open the last one I made and still have a half pound or so left of the one before that it is great to have time to make cheese ;D
Never hit a man with glasses, use a baseball bat!
http://cocker-spanial-hair-in-my-food.blogspot.com/