Author Topic: PIZZA!!!  (Read 3744 times)

jwalker

PIZZA!!!
« on: April 24, 2013, 01:56:07 PM »
I baked a couple of those no knead breads , for some reason one didn't rise very much , so I cut it in half cross wise and made kind of like a pizza crust out of it.

I sprayed with olive oil and put face down in a large skillet until brown , then turned over , covered with tomatoes , fried onions , Italian spice , diced up homemade Lonzino , and our own Cheddar and Gouda cheeses.

Put in 500 degree oven for about five minutes , ...................................Yum. ;D

Our first pizza with our own meat and cheese.

Cheers , Jim!

Offline Tiarella

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 81
  • Default personal text
    • Farm Blog
Re: PIZZA!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 06:02:05 PM »
Jim, VERY yummy looking!!!!  Did you raise the meat or process it into the special end result?  I don't think I can take on learning another skill now but we have a ram to butcher and although he's not old I'm thinking of not doing roasts and chops with him. I could debone and grind it all I suppose but I wonder what else I could do with it.  I need to find someone around here as talented as you forum guys that do neat smoking and brining stuff to meat. 

Do you have or are you currently lusting after an outdoor wood fired oven?  I really want one for bread and pizza.

congrats on the bread save!   ;D

Tomer1

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 07:18:54 PM »
Wow, sea of cheese! :)

jwalker

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 01:11:05 PM »
Jim, VERY yummy looking!!!!  Did you raise the meat or process it into the special end result?  I don't think I can take on learning another skill now but we have a ram to butcher and although he's not old I'm thinking of not doing roasts and chops with him. I could debone and grind it all I suppose but I wonder what else I could do with it.  I need to find someone around here as talented as you forum guys that do neat smoking and brining stuff to meat. 

Do you have or are you currently lusting after an outdoor wood fired oven?  I really want one for bread and pizza.

congrats on the bread save!   ;D

No we don't raise our own meat , a friend does that , but we do the brining , curing and smoking or canning of it.

And as for the outdoor oven , I have been wanting one for years and am seriously considering building one this summer.
Check out the site at forno bravo , if you haven't already , they're all about wood fired ovens , they have a forum as well as a photo section there , some are very impressive.   http://www.fornobravo.com/

I have also been looking at cob ovens , they seem very easy to build and very affordable , google "cob oven".

Cheers Jim!

Offline Boofer

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 344
  • Contemplating cheese
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2013, 01:58:55 PM »
Now that looks delicious!  :P

-Boofer-
Let's ferment something!
Bread, beer, wine, cheese...it's all good.

Offline Schnecken Slayer

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 22
  • Making cheese since October 2012
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2013, 07:16:41 PM »
My wife wants me to make her a pizza oven, I just don't think it would get enough use for the effort involved.
-Bill
One day I will add something here...

Offline Tiarella

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 81
  • Default personal text
    • Farm Blog
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2013, 08:05:10 PM »
Jim, check this out. http://www.firespeaking.com/products/barrel-oven/.  I have a cob oven book but given that I'd have to do most of the work I've been thinking of having a local guy weld me up a barrel style one and then I'll make a couple of rocket stoves for stove top cooking.  - Kathrin

Hansadutta

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 10:22:15 AM »
Hi Jim,

Last year I bought a special electric pizza oven. http://www.kookpunt.nl/ferrari-napoli-pizzaoven-rood/nl/product/5623/ It has a pizza stone in it and it gets much hotter then a normal oven. (After disabling some safety nonsense  :o)
If you want to make a "professional" pizza then I have a great link http://www.varasanos.com/PizzaRecipe.htm for you. I made a one page manual based on his site but I don't have it with me right now.
Hans