Do you want a job in cheesemaking? Do you want to learn all about farmstead cheesemaking and goat dairy operations? We are seeking a cheese room intern to assist in our farmstead cheesemaking.
We are farmstead goat cheese makers based in Cornwall, NY. We have a micro-dairy and creamery, milk 45 Nubian and Alpine goats and make nine varieties of goat milk cheeses. We sell at ten farmer's markets and over twenty restaurants in the Hudson Valley. We are in the beginning of our second year of production. We focus on making our aged cheeses in the late winter and turn to our fresh cheeses when the farmer's markets start in June through October. Check us out at https://www.facebook.com/edgwickfarm
We seek a self-motivated, meticulous, and creative person interested in learning the craft of cheese making. The position is full time (about 40 hours/week - there is some flexibility, maybe more during the summer) starting May 1 through the end of October.
• Assist with basic processes of cheesemaking and affinage
• Assist with cheese packaging
• Maintain accurate, detailed records
• Maintain hygienic conditions including routine daily cleaning and intensive weekly cleaning
• Prepare and organize cheeses for farmers’ markets and other sales outlets
• Sell cheese at farmers’ markets.
We are able to offer a weekly stipend based on experience. This is a live-out position.
If interested, email your resume and a description of yourself and interests to Talitha at email@example.com