Author Topic: Chilipepper's Cheese #018 - Stilton  (Read 7814 times)

Offline Cartierusm

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 21
Re: Chilipepper's Cheese #018 - Stilton
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2009, 11:35:56 PM »
Ryan looks awesome and that's only at a few months. I leave my stiltons go for 6 months or so and I hope to achieve what you have.

wharris

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2009, 02:24:29 PM »
That looks absolutely fantastic.  Do you age that with natural rind cheeses?  How do you avoid cross contamination?

chilipepper

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2009, 02:46:22 PM »
Thanks. I'm going to have to address the whole cross contamination issue pretty soon.  Right now my cave (a.k.a. root cellar) is all for mold ripened or storing waxed cheese.  I have a lagering fridge that I have one natural rind Manchego in there to see how it will work. 

It is amazing the cross contamination that can so innocently happen in the cave.  I had a Parmesan in there in one of those vacuum sealed hard sided containers and it still ended up getting the blues!

I too am working on scouring some stainless. A buddy has a bar and they replaced their under counter beer keg refrigerators recently.  I'm trying to score one of those and convert it to a cheese cave.  They would be really nice for a cheese cave.  Like yours though there isn't any partitions between compartments so I'd have to come up with some mold barrier for different aging compartments.   Anyway that is probably a couple of months out yet.

Ryan

AndrewM

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2009, 03:23:27 PM »
basking in the radiance and bowing to the glory.

Moski

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2010, 04:09:32 PM »
Wow. That looks just like the commercial ones they show to get you hungry. Amazing piece of work.

Brentsbox

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2010, 10:08:13 AM »
That is the best looking cheese I have seen in a while.  Great job!    Where did you get your PH meter/logger?   Do you think it helped or made a difference?     

You said you pay $5 a gallon for your raw milk.  Wow, i feel really blessed.  I pay $3, delivered.   Our milk lady comes to town ever Wednesday.  Im up to 5 gallons a week now and now she is wanting my cheese.  LOL