Here is my second attempt at a Jarlsberg, the cheese I intended to make on Sunday when I realized I had the wrong milk mix heated. It was a pretty nominal 200 easy cheeses make, overshot initial temperature by 2 degrees F, but it was back down to target by the end of ripening. During cooking and stirring I had to take some back breaks from stirring but tried to make up for it by being a bit more vigorous when stirring. It only took 25 minutes to reach 108 F after the addition of hot water instead of the target 30. I held it at temperature for the extra five minutes, stirring.
200 Easy cheeses calls for "firm" pressure in the press and defines that as 20-45+ psi. My dutch press was creaking with 150 pounds on the 7.75" diameter Tomme mould, about 3.2 psi. I got a decent knit,even had issues with curd extruding through the cheese cloth. Some nubbbins took a divot when I removed the cheese cloth, and some of the bottom edge of the cheese stuck and pulled off. Out of the brine those areas have toughened up, and I suspect that the washing will take care of the unsightliness.
Yield was pretty good, 4 pounds 0.6 oz out of the press from 15 quarts of P/H milk with CaCl2 added. I lost an ounce in brine. (only 13 hours instead of the 24 I did last time. SALTY cheese)
Drying Jarlsberg pictured below. Here's hoping for better eye formation this time.