Author Topic: Disneyworld Orlando Vacation  (Read 5463 times)

Cheese Head

Disneyworld Orlando Vacation
« on: February 26, 2009, 02:01:01 AM »
We had a family conference about what to do with kids spring break holidays this March 15-21, my vote was to drive up from Houston through US Old South ie Memphis & Nashville & Civil War Memorial type Parks/Museums ;D etc but was out voted 3 to 1 for driving out to Disneyworld Orlando in Florida (we've been there before :-\).

Anyone have a recommendation on hotel/condo for 4 with 17 & 15 year old daughters?

Also on any local special restaurants rather than the chain ones?

Mary Ruth

Re: Disneyworld Orlando Vacation
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 05:24:32 PM »
Have you checked the Disney site?  It's pretty comprehensive and descriptive.  I cruised through it one very bleak, cold and dreary night and found it pretty good. 

chilipepper

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 05:57:42 PM »
John, if you've been to Disney world you probably already know much of what I'm going to say... If you are primarily going to do Disney stuff we found it is better to stay on the Disney property.  The buses and whatnot are all so much better than having to go to their 'transportation center' and then get on the right bus to the right place, etc.   

We have stayed off property also but found ourself paying for a cab if you stay until the park closes and are impatient like me! :)  There are probably a ton of time shares you could get in on.  Seems like everyone has one there!

How long has it been since you've been there?

Cheese Head

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 03:24:03 AM »
Thanks both for help ideas.

We are driving there, last time went was 2.3 years ago.

Just booked here for USD100/night for 2 bedroom 2 bathroom 1400 sf suite.

chilipepper

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 03:09:52 PM »
John,  That does look awesome and certainly one of the benefits of staying off the Disney property... BIG ROOMS!!  The Disney resorts are nice and clean and such but they are made with the intention that you should not spend too much time in your room. 

When we go to Disney it is all about not spending too much time in the room.  My wife and kids (kids are 6, 13 & 16) are not too much about the R&R aspect of Disney and more about lets see and do as much as we can until we fall over and then when we get back from vacation we can rest! :)  Sounds like they should be well prepared for college! :)  yikes!

eVenom

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 03:29:22 AM »
Well I know a restaurant that is really good and although its not cheap it is definitely less expensive that what you are going to get inside Disney World or Universal Studios the name is "Le Cok Au Vin" is a french rest. and it really has that authentic feel!

Bon Appetite!

But if you still have energy to go to watch another show the go to Arabian Nights that is an equine show with food and all the beer or wine you can drink! but if you don't do some research it will be expensive but there are 2 for 1 deal or better in many places!

Cheese Head

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 08:57:44 AM »
Thanks eVenom, found it, hopefully we will get a chance, good idea on Arabian Nights but we did that last time.

eVenom

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2009, 03:18:23 PM »
So I guess your back from the trip!

you never said how did it go or anything!

so How was it?

Cheese Head

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2009, 01:46:59 AM »
Sorry, very good, weather was great, no busier than in June when we've been before. Parking lot had lots of Texas & Ontario plates. Both on spring break. Asked Ontario guy in line how economy was, he said so-so but that guys across border in Michigan having a really rough time.

Family loved it, for me, 6 days of Disney was too much.

Offline DeejayDebi

• Old Cheese
  • Cheeses: 106
    • Deejays Smoke Pit and DSP Forums
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2009, 02:48:17 AM »
I used to really love Disney World back about 30 years ago. Not as well done as it used to be.  I always wanted to spend a week at Disney University to get into the technical end of the park. One day my son and I are going to sign up for it - he's 32 now. LOL