Author Topic: Hello from Scotland  (Read 6421 times)

jwalker

Re: Hello from Scotland
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2013, 01:50:54 PM »

Jack - when you are typing your Reply, scroll down & you can see the previous comments from the thread, then hit "Insert Quote" next to the comment you want & it brings it into your Reply as a Quote.

Or , just put your cursor on "quote" at the top left of desired post , and go from there.
And you can erase any parts you don;t need as well , as I just did. ;D

Ananke , welcome to the forum , I'm of Scottish heritage myself , I really hope to see your country one day.

SpargePervert

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2013, 02:00:55 PM »

Or , just put your cursor on "quote" at the top left of desired post , and go from there.
And you can erase any parts you don;t need as well , as I just did. ;D

Oh yeah, and that!!

Ananke

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2013, 12:25:38 PM »
Hi Swiftpint, I use Goat Nutrition too.  They are very reliable in my experience, just had a delivery from them yesterday.

I was looking at Jersey Gold Top in the supermarket the other day and as soon as I am a bit more confident, I am going to try it (using cheap stuff right now), I love the colour of it, it looks really rich and creamy, just like milk used to look.

Hi jwalker, thanks for the welcome. Do you know which part of Scotland your ancestors are from?

jwalker

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2013, 01:30:47 PM »
Not entirely sure exactly where my ancestors were from , I've done some  research and found that they came to America from Glasgow , but further back they seem to have come from around Elgin.

It's a tedious process searching for your heritage , but a lot of fun at the same time , especially when you come across something that looks plausible.

I hope to get over there one day and spend a month or so and travel around a bit , but life keeps getting in the way , you know how it is. ::)

Homecheesejack

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2013, 10:20:16 PM »
Swift pint

Jack - when you are typing your Reply, scroll down & you can see the previous comments from the thread, then hit "Insert Quote" next to the comment you want & it brings it into your Reply as a Quote.

Like this?

Thank you!

Homecheesejack

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2013, 10:23:00 PM »
And you can erase any parts you don;t need as well , as I just did.
Or this, thanks Jwalker (and apologies for trampling original post)

Ananke

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2013, 10:24:47 PM »
I've been researching my ancestry for several years now, even got back to Royalty lol.  It's facinating stuff, most of my ancestors were Irish and although I'm over there visiting family a few times per year, I have never managed to find the time to travel around the places where they lived.  One day I'll make the time.

Elgin is a lovely part of the country, you should definately visit there if you manage to come over.

Jack, no appology needed :)

Well, I have now had all the ingredients delivered to make a start on my parmesan and cheddar :0  wee bit apprehensive but looking forward to it