Now that you did not die...
I'd want to try to answer the question "what happened?". IMHE (in my humble experience), if the spots come through all over the cheese surface - like a rash, then I think that the contamination occurred before moulding, in my case the source was a batch of parlour contaminated milk (poor pipe cleaning before milking). The fact that the contaminant is only on the edge makes me think that your contaminant arrived after the curds were placed in the moulds. Maybe the mould edges were not properly sanitised? or the cheese edges brushed a humid surface or cloth? or your hands (fingernails especially), or during washing?
Good luck in working it out..